Thread: Requirement for sponsor company

Default Requirement for sponsor company

Hi all,

My friend told me that to be eligible for supporting an employee for residency, the company must have at least 2 years of operation. Is that true? I tried to find a statement about that in the immigration website but found nothing.

Thanks

Here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/34388.htm are the requirements. As you can see, there is no mention of a qualifying time for the company. There have been many people on the forum who got their visa due to a job offer from a start-up or other quite new employer. INZ always, if they haven't had previous dealings with an employer, check them out to make sure they are on a firm financial footing, making as sure as possible that the new visa holder isn't going to be left stranded by an employer going bust. For a new company without a long business history to show, this means they have to share their business plan and details of their finances with INZ, but this is all kept private from the employee.

Many thanks JandM for the link and detailed explanation. Btw you mentioned about employer going bust, can I have another question, if the employer go bust and he establishes a new company then supports his employee under that company, is there any chance that INZ will know that he used to have another company before which has been bankrupted? Beacause I think if so it will have negative effects on the application

INZ have very wide powers of investigation, and I think it would almost certainly come to light if a company's owner had a difficult past record.