Thread: Residence visa to pr

Default Residence visa to pr

Can anybody plz tell me whats the requirement of residence visa to pr.

INZ have it covered!

See this page and the links off it. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident

Hi All,

I arrived in NZ @Aug 2016
    My Partner Arrived @May 2017
    My Child got residency @ June 2017

Can i apply for PR @Aug 2018 OR @June 2019 OR Feb 2018(as its already 184 days for 2nd year also from the day i arrived)

You have to wait till you have held your ACTIVATED residence visa for at least two years - see the link given above for ALL the requirements. (Your family's arrival doesn't affect your application for PR.)

Hello JandM

I would like to check this in detail from the INZ website "If you’ve been a resident visa holder for 2 years or more, and can show a commitment to living in New Zealand you can apply for a Permanent Resident Visa":

So we know about those 5 ways we can show commitment to NZ.

INZ website says "If you've spent at least 184 days of each of the last 2 years in New Zealand, you will meet this requirement. If you have spent this time here, you don't need to provide any evidence.as we'll check your travel records.".

ÏNZ also says they need to see evidence of at least one of them.

Noramlly, when a RV holder applies for PRV, do they to show just the time spent in NZ by principal applicant? Do INZ asks for proof of "New Zealand tax residence status" as well?

The reason being, even after I move to NZ permanently I may have to "telecommute" for an year or so. Thus I will not have NZ tax resident status.

I am trying to understand, the number of OR what "NZ commitment" evidences submitted by majority of the PRV applicants, and the success rate.

The five ways of showing commitment https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...zealand/slider are all one OR another. ANY of them of which you can show evidence is enough on its own.

Most people use the 'time in NZ' criterion, because that is the simplest for most people. But if you don't meet the requirements for it straight away after you have had your activated visa for two years, it is perfectly possible to wait longer, and put in your application when you DO meet the time requirement. (Remember, INZ count BACKWARDS from the date of application, looking at 12 months before then to find the 184 days in NZ, then at the 12 months before that to find another 184 days.)

Thanks JandM for the reply. It is clear now.

I wish I have had "NZ$1,000,000 invested in New Zealand in an acceptable investment for two years or more."... then straightaway into PRV after two years of activating RV ..

Oh, don't we all?!