Thread: Partnership work visa

Default Partnership work visa

Have posted before

I applied for a work visa back in may this year, unfortunately my job didn't work out so had to change the visa I was applying for. Just before changing the visa in September I had a letter from a CO regarding my drink driving charge from last year.

I have been with my partner who is a kiwi since march this year (I was in a relationship with someone prior to this and on a partnership based visa with them - this person isn't a NZ'r) My partner and I moved in together in June (due to my new job) and applied for a partnership based visa in September.

The evidence we supplied were:

A letter we each wrote about our relationship
    Bills since June from electric, broadband and sky
    Our joint bank account (highlighting money that we put in and highlighting the money going out relating to the bills we provided)
    Joint insurance on my car (he has a work vehicle)
    A letter from my partners sister in law regarding our relationship
    Some photos
    A letter of support from my new employer (although I have only been with them a short time they believe that my partner is committed to my career choice as we now live 45 mins from town - when we were only 20 mins from town in my old job - my partner has to commute this 45 mins everyday)

Also because I had the letter from the CO allocated to the work visa (which has now been withdrawn) about my drink driving charge I also included a letter from someone I've known since arriving in NZ as she used to look after my children and do some cleaning in my house when my (ex)partner and I were working.

How do INZ take to such a short period of time being together seriously.

Too add I had a partnership visa with my ex partner which is valid until may 2018 (we are both British)

Will having a partnership visa previously affect this visa? I do have an LIA and she hasn't mentioned that it will affect it or not

I don't know. If YOU had been the worker sponsoring a partner before, you wouldn't be allowed to sponsor someone new till at least five years after the previous visa was granted, but the regulations don't make it clear if someone can be sponsored again this soon.

Thanks JandM

I was sponsored by my ex partner when we moved to NZ in 2014. Had been together 12 years and as he had a position as a farm manager we had 3 year visas granted.

In March this year we split and I began a relationship with a kiwi man. He has never sponsored anyone for a visa.

I had applied for a work visa in my own right and the application was with immigration but unfortunately I lost that job (under the 90 day rule) I spoke with my LIA and she said I could apply for a partnership visa as we had been living together for 3 months or a work visa but would need to have information to her asap. Due to this we decided for the partnership visa as we were able to get everything we needed for that quicker than we were for the work visa.

Just keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a good outcome!