Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: supporting partner work visa through essential skills works visa but while on a WH visa...not possible?

Default supporting partner work visa through essential skills works visa but while on a WH visa...not possible?

Hello, (sorry for the long winded title)

So we are in limbo waiting for our residency visa news, and are scrambling to sort visas out in the meantime, as we are both on working holiday visas, which expire December 24th this year.

I've had helpful advice on here about applying for an essential skills work visa to act as a bridging work visa whilst I wait to hear about the residency application.

I would then like to support my partner's application for "partner of a worker work visa", through my essential visa application.

However, it says "you cannot support a work, visitor or student visa for your partner or dependent child if you hold a work visa granted under one of the following categories:" and working holiday visa is one of those categories. Is it saying if I myself hold a working holiday visa? does that mean I would have to wait to actually receive the essential skills work visa, and THEN my partner applies for his partner based visa?

I'm just trying to work out what is the best course of action, and whilst it seems essential skills work visa would be best, it appears I cannot support my partner's work visa application, because of my current working holiday visa? unless I've misunderstood?

Any clarification much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited to add: I've just worked out timings. If I submit my essential visa application now, then that takes 20 days turnaround (if what they say on the website is correct) then my partner applies for his partner based visa as soon as mine comes through, that apparently takes 25 days to come through, which barely leaves any time before his working holiday visa expires on 24th december.... so basically, its not looking like this option will work at all!?
    Last edited by em720; 23rd October 2017 at 06:45 PM.

You can put in your own application for the ESV, and your partner's application for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa, at the same time, linking the two with a covering letter. INZ will then work the whole thing as one case, supplying information you don't have at first, such as your visa number, as it becomes available.

No, you couldn't support his application from your WHV, but you can with the visa you will be applying for.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You can put in your own application for the ESV, and your partner's application for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa, at the same time, linking the two with a covering letter. INZ will then work the whole thing as one case, supplying information you don't have at first, such as your visa number, as it becomes available.

No, you couldn't support his application from your WHV, but you can with the visa you will be applying for.
    Many thanks JandM.

JandM - just to be clear - I can support my partner's sponsored "worker work visa", whilst I am on the WHV, as long as I submit my essential skills work visa at the same time as his partner based visa, as long s we link the two separate applications with a cover letter? What kind of things should the cover letter state? just our names? as we won't have visa numbers by then?

That is correct. The cover letter should state your full names, dates of birth, and address, who is applying for the Essential Skills Visa and therefore supporting the other for the Partner-Sponsored Temporary Work Visa, and that both applications are being submitted to x office on y date.

That is correct. The cover letter should state your full names, dates of birth, and address, who is applying for the Essential Skills Visa and therefore supporting the other for the Partner-Sponsored Temporary Work Visa, and that both applications are being submitted to x office on y date.
    Thank you very much JandM. One more question, sorry! As my essential skills work visa is going to be submitted online, and my partner is going to post his partner-sponsored work visa application either in the post or through the wellington office dropbox, (he can't do it online as far as we can see) how do we collate dates/office locations? As long as I have two copies of the exact same cover letter and attach both to my application and to my partner's work visa application with our names, date of birth, details of my online submission, and statement saying I am supporting my partner's work visa, will that be sufficient? must we submit them on exactly the same day? ie Would a day or two apart be okay, or not?

Also, slightly unrelated, but my employer is just filling out the employer supplementary form just now...they've asked if they need to exactly match my job title to the job titles in the ANZSCO list. I've said they don't need to change my job title in my employment agreement to exactly match the ANZSCO job title, as long as they closely link... is this correct advice?

Eg. my job title at the company is "environmental consents analyst"....the closest ANSZCO job title is "environmental consultant"....so they don't need to alter my actual job title, they just keep that as is, and under the ANZSCO code and title bit, put 'environmental consultant' and the relating code...is this correct?

Thank you so much for your neverending help JandM!

Hi all. I have a similar question. I have an ITA which I am going to lodge in November. But in the meanwhile I also want to apply for ESV and want to include my daughter who was born in NZ. How can I include/support her visa application? She is 11 months old and what sort of visa i would be supporting for her? thanks.

You don't need to co-ordinate the dates exactly - what you suggest should be fine.

Job TITLES don't matter. What INZ will be checking is that your job description, as given by the employer, matches the job description at ANZSCO as closely as possible. (Any employer can call a job whatever they want, and it doesn't have to make sense to anyone outside the company: it's what the worker DOES that matters for INZ purposes. Interesting job titles we have heard of include "Team A Supervisor", and "Assistant to Mr Johnson" - for that last, the work could vary enormously depending on whether Mr Johnson was the company CEO, or the janitor, for example!)

Quote Originally Posted by albany View Post
    Hi all. I have a similar question. I have an ITA which I am going to lodge in November. But in the meanwhile I also want to apply for ESV and want to include my daughter who was born in NZ. How can I include/support her visa application? She is 11 months old and what sort of visa i would be supporting for her? thanks.
    What visa are you currently on yourself? And what nationality does your daughter hold?

Understood JandM, many thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast