Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National Security Check (NSC) Timeline

Default National Security Check (NSC) Timeline

Hi All,

I lodged my application in May 2017 but it has been 5 months since my application stuck in to the NSC.
    A month ago I emailed my CO about the status and his reply was:

"Unfortunately we are not able to follow up until six months have passed. Your national security check has been ongoing for four months"

I couldn't understand that why they are not able to follow up before 6 months. i know few ppl their NSC got clear as soon as six months passed. So, does it mean that the third party doesn't notify to CO until 6 months passed or they just wait until CO follows up.

It has been 3 months since interview and since then I am waiting for the decision. It is really painful

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irfanpk View Post
    Hi All,

I lodged my application in May 2017 but it has been 5 months since my application stuck in to the NSC.
    A month ago I emailed my CO about the status and his reply was:

"Unfortunately we are not able to follow up until six months have passed. Your national security check has been ongoing for four months"

I couldn't understand that why they are not able to follow up before 6 months. i know few ppl their NSC got clear as soon as six months passed. So, does it mean that the third party doesn't notify to CO until 6 months passed or they just wait until CO follows up.

It has been 3 months since interview and since then I am waiting for the decision. It is really painful

Thanks
    This is shocking info for me, 6 months are too long. I have also applied under SMC and my medical is still with MA. Should I consider this much time for my case.

One of my friend had interview last month and his CO told him to wait 3-4 moths as his NSC is still on-going.

Quote Originally Posted by Junaid Atta View Post
    This is shocking info for me, 6 months are too long. I have also applied under SMC and my medical is still with MA. Should I consider this much time for my case.

One of my friend had interview last month and his CO told him to wait 3-4 moths as his NSC is still on-going.
    Same thing happened to me. My CO also suggested to wait 3-4 months for NSC after the interview which held in July 2017. I even know few cases where NSC took more than 7 months. Moreover, you don't even know what the decision would be as it is tough to get a job on Job Search Visa (JSV).

Same thing happened to me. My CO also suggested to wait 3-4 months for NSC after the interview which held in July 2017. I even know few cases where NSC took more than 7 months. Moreover, you don't even know what the decision would be as it is tough to get a job on Job Search Visa (JSV).
    NSC will vary country by country. its simply based on the responsiveness of the organisation contacted, the immigration history of the applicant and information which might be held in other countries.

I've seen them take from 5-18 months.

This is my 7th month of NSC, still waiting. I've been told my NSC has been escalated three weeks ago since it has been over 6 months but still no answer as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by katrgsm View Post
    This is my 7th month of NSC, still waiting. I've been told my NSC has been escalated three weeks ago since it has been over 6 months but still no answer as of yet.
    Sorry to hear about it. Your NSC has to be clear from Pakistan?
    I don't think think that escalation makes any difference. Hopefully soon you would get a word from them.

Waiting on ours too from South Africa and Russia,

Waiting time could be 6 months or more, It is what it is though, hopefully ours will come through sooner.

No point in bugging INZ until the 6 months has passed, its out of their hands for now while the check is being done.

Mine will be from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Sweden. I hope they will start NSC soon as my CO assigned today Oct 24th 2017.

Sorry to hear about it. Your NSC has to be clear from Pakistan?
    I don't think think that escalation makes any difference. Hopefully soon you would get a word from them.
    No, it would be from Russia and Canada I think those are the two places I worked and lived
    Last edited by katrgsm; 25th October 2017 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZDeveloper View Post
    Waiting on ours too from South Africa and Russia,

Waiting time could be 6 months or more, It is what it is though, hopefully ours will come through sooner.

No point in bugging INZ until the 6 months has passed, its out of their hands for now while the check is being done.
    How long is yours taking to this date?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast