Thread: Holiday in december

Default Holiday in december

Quick question, Anyone know INZ holiday period in december 2017( christmas and new year)? Will it affect the processing period?

I haven't yet seen an announcement about closures this year, but normally, INZ offices everywhere close on Christmas Eve (December 24th) and do not re-open until after the New Year (a few days into January).

There are likely to be delays in processing in any offices onshore in New Zealand from around the third week in December on until about the beginning of February, because this is the prime summer holiday period for the whole country, and INZ staff, like anybody else, will be wanting to get time off with their family while the children have their school holidays. In all offices and businesses, this is a time of skeleton staffing while people take their turn to have some of their annual leave.

Basically NZ shuts down from 22nd Dec until Jan 5th, and often until Jan 23 ish. The whole country goes on holiday..I love it

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I haven't yet seen an announcement about closures this year, but normally, INZ offices everywhere close on Christmas Eve (December 24th) and do not re-open until after the New Year (a few days into January).

There are likely to be delays in processing in any offices onshore in New Zealand from around the third week in December on until about the beginning of February, because this is the prime summer holiday period for the whole country, and INZ staff, like anybody else, will be wanting to get time off with their family while the children have their school holidays. In all offices and businesses, this is a time of skeleton staffing while people take their turn to have some of their annual leave.
    I remember last year I was caught up in this holiday situation. But on 5th January my CO contacted me for some clarity and approval was granted six days later.

I am way too familiar with this. My medicals last year had to be referred to the medical assessor so all in all the visa approval took 9 weeks including the INZ shutdown

6 weeks for the assessor, 2 weeks for shutdown, 1 week for assessment of application?

Here you go, everyone:

22nd December to 3rd Jan is the official holiday period.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...hristmas-hours