Thread: Can dependent stay back - work visa

Default Can dependent stay back - work visa

Hello,

I am currently on work-visa and planning to visit my home country in the Christmas vacation, but unfortunately, my wife cannot accompany me due to commitment at work.

My question is if I can travel without my wife, or will this impact her visa status.Can she stay back in the country for a month until I come back or is it necessary to take your dependent with you when you go out of the country.

1.I am currently on WTR visa which is valid until apr 2019 and I have return ticket (Jan 2018)
    2.She is currently on work visa & it is valid until April 2019 (I have booked her return tickets too but will have to cancel this)

Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks

If you are definitely coming back, and you are simply on holiday from your work, your visa will remain valid, and therefore so will hers.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If you are definitely coming back, and you are simply on holiday from your work, your visa will remain valid, and therefore so will hers.
    Great. Thanks for the update JandM, much appreciated. I can travel peacefully now