Thread: Work visa and permanent contract

Default Work visa and permanent contract

Hi,

I handed in the Work Visa application on 31.10.2017 and my job (permanent contract) starts on 13.11.2017. Everything cool BUT right now I am on a WHV and am not allowed to work in a permanent position. So if my Work Visa gets processed before 13.11.2017 it's all good but what do I do if not...? Do I break my current visa regulations which poses a risk to my work Visa application? Or am I in some kind of grey zone because the application is already handed in?

cheers

Are you working for the same employer on a temporary contract at the moment?

yes, 3 months temporay will turn into permanent contract on 13/11/2017. My manager put a comment in the contract for INZ saying that this contract in bound to my visa regulations and will be terminated automatically if I don't meet any of INZ's standards. That's great because it means that theoretically I will never have a permanent contract if I don't have the right visa. But still I am not relly sure how INZ will react.

Oh, well, your second post has answered your first! That is perfect - you won't be in breach of anything as long as the permanent contract is going to be on hold until you get your visa.