Thread: Work Visa For Partner of New Zealand Residence

Default Work Visa For Partner of New Zealand Residence

Hi all,

I am a new member to this forum and this is my first thread.

I am going to be applying very soon for my partner of 4 years for a Work Visa For Partner of New Zealand Residence visa (INZ 1198 and INZ1146).

We have been staying together in a flat for more than 1 year now. We have rental agreement copies to prove that. My partner has a cellphone contract with both our names on it.

The rental agreement, rental monthly statements and cellphone contract as well as one clothing account (only on my partners name) has our flat address on it.

My worry is that my bank is still on my old address (to be changed to my new address this month) and my partners bank details is on her old address. I guess i didnt see a need to change my bank details to my new address as i get my monthly statements via email. The same with my parnter. We get our statements via email.

Will the above bank details be an issue for our application? despite us having plenty of evidence of support via large bank transactions between our individual accounts?
    I transfer a large sum of money into my partners bank account each month and my partner occasionally sends money my way as well and the bank statements will reflect all these transactions.

We have plenty of other evidence such as photos, whatsapp messages, work communication via email or chat (as we work at the same company and use the companies chat service to communicate daily). I didnt mention these because i think we are fine in this area to apply. My only concern is our addresses are different on our bank details as we have different bank accounts and not a joint account.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Since you have plenty of other evidence, the old addresses on the bank accounts should not weigh too heavily against that. It's a shame you didn't change them, but hindsight is easier than a decision at the time!

Thank you so much for your response. If the bank account addresses get changed atleast before we apply would that in some way help. We are in the process of changing them before the application.

I suppose it shows your intentions for the future, but it isn't any help with proving that you WERE living together in the past.

Thanks admin. i appreciate the responses. I think our rental agreement with both our names on there at our current address and a supporting letter from the estate agent to prove that we do stay at the same address can help in our application.