Thread: Electronic Transcripts for coursework

Default Electronic Transcripts for coursework

Hey all,

The University at which I completed my Master's degree has electronic transcripts through a clearinghouse in the US (which sends certified copies to other universities/employers etc). It gets sent as a PDF file to my email, with an electronic watermark that's good for seven days as an 'official' document. I can still print it from there, but it's no longer 'official'. Similarly, any paper transcripts that get sent are marked as 'unofficial if opened by anyone other than the recipient'.

My question is this--is it sufficient to get the electronic transcript and print it out, or do I need an actual paper copy? Also, when I get my other transcripts in, do I need to just send them in in the original sealed envelope? Not sure how it works here, in the US you'd usually get them sent directly to who's examining them, otherwise they are not valid.

Quote Originally Posted by weidenba View Post
    Hey all,

The University at which I completed my Master's degree has electronic transcripts through a clearinghouse in the US (which sends certified copies to other universities/employers etc). It gets sent as a PDF file to my email, with an electronic watermark that's good for seven days as an 'official' document. I can still print it from there, but it's no longer 'official'. Similarly, any paper transcripts that get sent are marked as 'unofficial if opened by anyone other than the recipient'.

My question is this--is it sufficient to get the electronic transcript and print it out, or do I need an actual paper copy? Also, when I get my other transcripts in, do I need to just send them in in the original sealed envelope? Not sure how it works here, in the US you'd usually get them sent directly to who's examining them, otherwise they are not valid.
    NZQA previously required hard copy of transcripts, but did not care if they had been opened.
    I underrstand that transcripts can be uploaded to the NZQA assessment online and so it wont matter what format they originally came in.it