Thread: Letter from co

Default Letter from co

I've had a letter from my co saying that they've made an inital assesement of my application and have asked for more about my dic charge from 2016 (I believe this is standard procedure). They note that I included a letter surrounding the circumstances and also character references. So I have written another letter reiterating how sorry I am and how I've learnt from my mistake and explained the reason again. I am applying for a partnership visa through my kiwi partner we've been living together since June and in a relationship since march. If they weren't happy with the evidence we provided would they have asked for more at the same time as the letter regarding my character issues or will that come at a later time?

Thanks

I don't think it is certain, one way or the other. It's a case of 'wait and see' for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydairyfarme View Post
    I've had a letter from my co saying that they've made an inital assesement of my application and have asked for more about my dic charge from 2016 (I believe this is standard procedure). They note that I included a letter surrounding the circumstances and also character references. So I have written another letter reiterating how sorry I am and how I've learnt from my mistake and explained the reason again. I am applying for a partnership visa through my kiwi partner we've been living together since June and in a relationship since march. If they weren't happy with the evidence we provided would they have asked for more at the same time as the letter regarding my character issues or will that come at a later time?

Thanks
    part of writing to you again is procedural in that they have to give you an opportunity to address character issues. your should really cover the following points:
    A5.45.1 Action

An immigration officer must:
    not automatically decline the application; and
    if applicable consider, the significance of the false, misleading or forged information provided, or information withheld, and whether the applicant is able to supply a reasonable and credible explanation or other evidence indicating that in supplying or withholding such information they did not intend to deceive INZ;
    consider whether the applicant's reason for travel to New Zealand, and any surrounding circumstances, are compelling enough to justify making an exception to the character requirement, taking into account the public interest; and
    record reasons for deciding whether to waive or decline to waive the good character requirements; and
    if they decide to decline the application, raise an 'Alert' against the applicant.
    Any decision to determine the application in accordance with A5.45 must be made by an immigration officer with Schedule 1 - 3 delegations.

ChrisMwn when I put my application in I included a lengthy letter explaning the circumstances around the evening of the incident and also the result of the court hearing. In the letter that I received from my CO it included information of my disqualification, fine and also the amount I was over the limit - which was all included in my original letter.

In my letter of reply to the CO I've just re told the facts of the night and explained my remorse once more. Up until that night I had no criminal history here or in the UK so I am keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome

Hi guys,

Is that common for a C.O to ask for previous contacts with immigration from employers? I got an email from CO asking if someone from my company has contacted to immigration before regarding other employees' visa if any. Is that part of the standard process or there is something else? Btw my company is just few months old
    Last edited by Joker; 15th November 2017 at 02:22 PM.

It's not unknown, though I would have thought it more usual for INZ to ask the employer that question, rather than the applicant. The reason for it is that INZ have to check that the business is run in a way that meets NZ employment and immigration law. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/66792.htm If they have already gone through all that for some previous applicant, your CO would be able to find those records, rather than having to start from the beginning for your case.

Many thanks Jand for that reasonable explanation