Thread: brother visitor visa ---------declined.

Default brother visitor visa ---------declined.

Hello there

Can someone plz advise? I have applied for my brother visitor visa and its declined.
    I am pregnant and I want my brother to see my baby for 3 weeks next year. Imm declined brother visa and sent following letter.

Reality is that
    my brother works with my father and my father doesn't pay him like salary bz its family business. Though he pays him cash for his family expense. All the assets are on my dad name.
    Can someone advise me plz what should I do to have my brother visitor visa approved?????Plz advise specially JANDM AND CHRIS.....THANKS

Imm letter

When we assess a visitor’s visa application, we wish to ascertain that the
    applicant has sufficient occupational circumstances which would induce return to
    the home country. From the information available to us, it appears that you are
    self-employed. Apart from the letter from your father, there are no other
    documents submitted that indicate your occupational commitments in your
    country of residence. Considering the lack of information, we are not satisfied
    that you have strong occupational circumstances to return to your country of
    residence and hence to depart New Zealand in an event a visitor visa is granted.
    When we assess a visitor's application, we also wish to ascertain that applicant
    is financially sound and has sufficient financial commitments which would induce
    return to his home country. We have considered the bank statement you have
    provided with the application; however it indicates a modest balance. We have
    also noted the evidence submitted in the form of term deposits held jointly with
    your mother. With the information provided, we are not satisfied that you are
    likely to have strong financial ties in the home country to return to.

This post here should shed some light => https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50177

Did you submit sponsorship for for your brother?

Also, did u mention the purpose of visit as visiting New Zealand or taking care of the baby?
    I read in this forum that if you mentioned about child care, then INZ declines the visitor visa as child care is considered to be a job in itself.

You can surely apply again with all the supporting evidences, covering letters etc ... and it will be approved.

The key here is proving to the INZ that he is a bonafide visitor. And pls see the below from INZ site:
    To be granted a visitor visa applicants must:
    1) meet the requirements under Generic Temporary Entry instructions for:
    -lodging an application for a temporary entry class visa as set out at E4; and
    -bona fide applicants as set out at E5; and
    -health and character as set out at A4 and A5; and
    2) meet the funds or sponsorship requirements (see V2.20); and
    3) meet the onward travel requirements, if relevant (see V2.25); and
    4) be coming to New Zealand for a lawful purpose.

You can read from the ops manual here => https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/44919.htm

Given your situation that you are in maternity, I think it is best for him to apply again via an agent with all supporting documents...

It would be helpful for me if you can list here the documents u submitted. Thanks.

I am about to lodge an online application.

Look carefully at what INZ has said are the reasons for refusal. They have spelt out the problems they have found with your brother's application. If your father, running the family business, is willing to alter things so that your brother can show the commitments and assets in his own name which INZ found lacking this time, he would have a better chance of success if he tries again.

I think your brother will struggle to be granted a visa unless his circumstances change dramatically.
    There are options of Limited purpose visass (for a specific event,) or a bond, but even those may not effect INZ decision.

You might find it simpler and less expensive to organsie a visit for you and the baby to India.

Thanks Farfaraway for your reply.
    Yes I sponsored his visa and also I did not mention that my brother is coming to take care of my child. I mentioned in my cove letter he is coming to see my child.
    Even then imm declined visa. Could you recommend me any good agent in Chch plz?

Thanks Chris I will consider this

Thanks JandM for your advise. I will talk to dad about option. Thanks

Ok thanks.
    You can Private Message ChrisMwn who is a licensed immigration agent... (LIA).
    JandM and ChrisMwn can best advice you on this.
    U need to make 5 posts to be able to send a PM.

May be just reply here to make it 5

Quote Originally Posted by dipa View Post
    Thanks Farfaraway for your reply.
    Yes I sponsored his visa and also I did not mention that my brother is coming to take care of my child. I mentioned in my cove letter he is coming to see my child.
    Even then imm declined visa. Could you recommend me any good agent in Chch plz?

thanks dear