Thread: Can SMC CO see old Visa Application Materials?

Question Can SMC CO see old Visa Application Materials?

Hi,

I am on an essential skills work visa that I applied through an LIA and now my application for SMC is undergoing assessment by a Case Officer.

I was just browsing through my old CV versions last night and i noticed that the one that I used to apply for the work visa has the wrong joining date for one of my past jobs. That wrong date was also put in my work visa application form, since the LIA must have used my CV to get the dates.

But for SMC visa, I provided all the right dates since i completed my application myself. I am worried as to what will happen now. If the CO catches this discrepancy, will it have an impact on my work visa or create problems for the ongoing SMC visa application even though it has all the correct information now?

Realistically speaking, will a CO assessing my SMC application even go back to the materials I submitted for a work visa application earlier? If not, then I don't want to lose sleep over this because it is just a one month mess-up that happened with the dates. I joined in 08/2011 but it has been noted down as 07/2011 in my CV and earlier submitted work visa form.

I don't think you need to lose sleep over this. I think it's UNLIKELY that the present CO would bother to go back over the previous paperwork. If s/he did, the explanation is as you've given it above - an original slip of the finger that was unknowingly, and unnoticed by you, carried over by the LIA, for which of course you apologise - and the truth is on the present application.