Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC, the online status has changed and nothing has been happening else...

Default SMC, the online status has changed and nothing has been happening else...

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a while and usually, I could find answers to all my questions... unfortunately, the question I've got now... looks uncommon.

About 6 weeks or so ago, the online status of my SMC application changed to APPROVED... and nothing else has happened.
    I googled what that might mean and have found that it means pretty much nothing as long as the AIP email is not received, which usually takes up to 2-3 weeks. I thought that was really cool because 3 weeks was really nothing after the 11 month wait.
    After a 3-week pause, I took an action and sent an email to the CO in which I enquired the status of the application and referred to the change of the online status... well, I've still got no answer...
    I waited one week more and went to the information desk (on Queen St) and asked the same question... and I was told that the application was still being processed and my CO is the best person to ask any questions about my application.
    A week ago, having taken into account the fact that I might have missed some emails or phone calls from INZ, I sent one more email about the status and asked whether I had to provide any papers (passports, my partner's IELTS TFR etc)

The CO still keeps silent... I'm very nervous... I don't really know if I am required to take any action... or even in the worst case, there was a time-frame which is running out...

What action would you take if you were in my situation?
    Thank you.

Have you tried to call your case officer?

If i were you I would call the officer with beer can opener in my hand.

Recently, there have been many cases where the AIP letter or email took longer than used to be normal. Around 6 weeks has been quite common. The telephone answerers very often don't have the very latest news. And your case has passed out of your CO's hands when once your name has been added to the lists for status change and AIP email/letter. The status change online isn't nothing - it's good cause for !

Just out of interest, is everyone viewing this status under
    "Submitted/Final Expression of Interest" in the admin area ? Noticed a couple posts where people mention that they can view more details, i can only see eoi recieved, i do have a CO though and waiting on NSC from south africa last time i checked a week ago, my mates NSC's were all completed in a month to two months

NZdeveloper. No not there. There is an option for check my application on the right. login with the same details as EOI. Should take you to a different page.

Thanks Nick, used this link it also has "Expression of Interest" then a table with the following headings "Application | Description | Status | Payment status | Date selected"

Thank you very much for the replies.

This is a magic forum!
    I posted my first message and started this thread yesterday morning... and this morning, I received the AIP letter!!! So, in my case, It's taken 6ish weeks.

The letter contains absolutely no mention of the ESOL which looks weird because I thought I was supposed to pre-purchase ESOL tuition for my partner. Moreover, I ticked that when I logged the application.

Is pre-purchasing ESOL a separate process? If it is when and how usually it gets done? Thank you!

Congratulations.. Would you mind sharing your timeline..And how many points you applied for EOI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast