Thread: Previous Work Experience Check

Default Previous Work Experience Check

Hi everyone,

Can someone please share how extensively do INZ quiz the past employers about the previous work experience details? Like is is merely giving out the dates, position and nature of employment of the candidate or in-depth questions focused on aligning the past role with an ANZSCO role (similar to how the current NZ employer questionnaires are).

I am a bit worried because one of my past employers is a very very bureaucratic organisation and would not even bother replying *IF* the email asks for too much.

I understand that INZ need to know what they need anyway, but if there is any way that I can give my previous HR a headsup about what's coming her way, it might help.

Thanks in advance!

Start date, end date, job description (not just title, actual responsibilities), salary (which can be proved through your financial and tax records as well/instead), qualifications required to be appointed to that role, hours worked (checking that this was a full-time job).

Hey Param912003-

We have similiar timelines. Did you receive communication from CO or did your employer tell you they received questionnaire? The only updates I am getting is from call centre. No emails to my LIA or myself or EOI status change online since June. Is the lack of communication something to be concerned about?

Hi NZ4US,
    The employer told me that he received a questionnaire from INZ. My LIA also never shares any updates with me. I have called the INZ contact centre once until now, but the staff told me, quite strictly, that I must ask my LIA for updates before coming to them.
    I think, as far as INZ is concerned, no news is good news! Also, from what I know, there is a wait of at least 15-20 days between getting a CO and him/her carrying out your employment checks. They use the 2-3 weeks to first verify the basic aspects of your application. And it makes absolute sense to me. Why would a CO bother contacting a third party with questions, if say the applicant does not meet the health/character or any other broad requirements at the outset. So, for your case, I'd say don't be bothered until mid-December. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Start date, end date, job description (not just title, actual responsibilities), salary (which can be proved through your financial and tax records as well/instead), qualifications required to be appointed to that role, hours worked (checking that this was a full-time job).
    Thanks a lot, JandM.