Thread: Variation of Conditions

Default Variation of Conditions

I hope someone can advise. I am currently in Auckland on a long term to residence visa. I recently got a new job with a different employer. Same position just a different employer. I handed my 4 week notice in and submitted a VOC. I am due to start work on Wednesday but I have not even been assigned a CO. I rang the helpline and they said applications can take up to 2 months. I am out of my mind as I have s family to support. Is there anything I can do to speed things up? If I visit immigration in person will this help?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by rbolton295 View Post
    I hope someone can advise. I am currently in Auckland on a long term to residence visa. I recently got a new job with a different employer. Same position just a different employer. I handed my 4 week notice in and submitted a VOC. I am due to start work on Wednesday but I have not even been assigned a CO. I rang the helpline and they said applications can take up to 2 months. I am out of my mind as I have s family to support. Is there anything I can do to speed things up? If I visit immigration in person will this help?
    Thank you
    When did you lodge the VOC?

Hi
    immigration received my application 18 working days ago.

Hi
    immigration received my application 18 working days ago.
    If you are in Auckland, then only Queen Street still has a public counter. A visit there is not likely to do anything, other than gain information your already have from contact centre. I thin 2 months is a long time for a VOC decision, might be closer to 28 days , but its highly variable. I don't see that there is a lot you can do apart from checking with contact centre for status updates.

Thank you for your reply. Is it normally 28 working days. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get a case officer assigned? When I am out of work next week will they escalate my application if I explain that I can’t pay bills etc?
    Thank you

Thank you for your reply. Is it normally 28 working days. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get a case officer assigned? When I am out of work next week will they escalate my application if I explain that I can’t pay bills etc?
    Thank you
    Nothing is "normal" A decision will come , when it comes. That could be tomorrow, or it could take another month. INZ deal with matters in strict date order and when they get to your will depend on volume on hand. I see they now say 25 working days for temporary applications on their website. That's no guarantee, just an estimate of where they would like to be at. I hope for your sake a decision comes soon, but INZ aren't likely to consider your personal situation, even if you could get the message through to some one.

Thank you for your reply. Looking for a little more assistance. I have now finished my notice period. Will INZ still process my VOC as normal or will I have to apply for a new work visa because I am out of my notice period. I hope not as I did provide a letter as requested by INZ to inform them when I am finishing. Thanks for your help once again.

I also symphatize with your VOC rbolton295. I also had a gruesome experience with my VOC application in Auckland last year. It took me less a week before 2 months when my VOC was approved and the worst?, my new employer backed out from a job offer! My notice period from my former employer even lapse in 15 days plus about 7 weeks of being jobless. Oh men what a trial. In all, its about 3 months out of work just simply because of that variation thing.
    I tried to pursuade my new employer but they were really disappointed with that VOC process so they really didnt consider all my reasoning.
    Finally, I just applied a new work visa in other region out of Auckland and luckily had a new employer and new work visa with extended validity.
    Hope you can find ways how to speed things up coz everythings really in their golden hands. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by LDT View Post
    I also symphatize with your VOC rbolton295. I also had a gruesome experience with my VOC application in Auckland last year. It took me less a week before 2 months when my VOC was approved and the worst?, my new employer backed out from a job offer! My notice period from my former employer even lapse in 15 days plus about 7 weeks of being jobless. Oh men what a trial. In all, its about 3 months out of work just simply because of that variation thing.
    I tried to pursuade my new employer but they were really disappointed with that VOC process so they really didnt consider all my reasoning.
    Finally, I just applied a new work visa in other region out of Auckland and luckily had a new employer and new work visa with extended validity.
    Hope you can find ways how to speed things up coz everythings really in their golden hands. Good luck.
    Sounds awful. I just don’t get there way of thinking. The helpline is absolutely no help. They just keep saying be patient. Fingers crossed I will get it before Christmas. Thank you for the reply and info