Thread: Diabetes check 1 point above normal range

Default Diabetes check 1 point above normal range

Hi,

I am applying for accredited employer work visa, medical result just arrived, all are OK except my diabetes check which is just above the normal range (1 point).
    Will this be a problem or will I be asked to re-do some tests if yes how much extra time will add up to the process? My visa is expiring end of Mar but I am going to my home country end of Jan and will be returning back mid Feb. So wanted to get a visa before I leave (end of Jan).

Quote Originally Posted by Semi.Automatic View Post
    Hi,

I am applying for accredited employer work visa, medical result just arrived, all are OK except my diabetes check which is just above the normal range (1 point).
    Will this be a problem or will I be asked to re-do some tests if yes how much extra time will add up to the process? My visa is expiring end of Mar but I am going to my home country end of Jan and will be returning back mid Feb. So wanted to get a visa before I leave (end of Jan).
    Most likely your medical will be automatically referred. Then might come a request for further tests including a kidney ultrasound, GTT, reports from a endocrineologist and others. But if your HbA1c is just one point outside the range it will be cleared, which will take time. Id be inclined to lodge your application after you return in February and while your medicals are still valid.(withing 3 months of completion) .

I am coming back in Mar, by that time medical will be expired. I was wondering why you are suggesting applying after I come back, is coming back on a visa which is going to expire soon a problem?

Hi Chris,

This is a temporary class visa that I am applying for, i guess temporary class visas are not refereed automatically, check my other post, what do you reckon?

https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54167

See my post on that other thread.

I am coming back in Mar, by that time medical will be expired. I was wondering why you are suggesting applying after I come back, is coming back on a visa which is going to expire soon a problem?
    YOu can renter NZ up until the day of expiry of your visa. Similarly you can lodge your application for a further visa up until the day the current visa expires (and an interim visa will them follow) You'll need to balance the need for travel v a potential unknown series of referrals to the Medical Assessment team, and INZ may have your passport during this time if you send the original with the application, which means travel is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    YOu can renter NZ up until the day of expiry of your visa. Similarly you can lodge your application for a further visa up until the day the current visa expires (and an interim visa will them follow) You'll need to balance the need for travel v a potential unknown series of referrals to the Medical Assessment team, and INZ may have your passport during this time if you send the original with the application, which means travel is not possible.
    Do they not return the passport on request if someone asks for it? I have already submitted my passport with a cover letter mentioning that in case the application takes time I will be needing it back for travelling.

Hi,

My comments were intended to cover the worst case scenario, where you found yourself in a round of medical referrals and INZ had your passport. If you are onshore, then generally they will be looking to return passport before the Christmas break. Its sounding like your medical may not be referred at all, which is even better. (its unlikely that a CO would override the e-medical clearance/referral process)