Thread: Bona fide urgent help please

Default Bona fide urgent help please

I've had a letter from my co about Bona fide. In a nutshell I called the call centre in Jan this year to see what my options were regarding visas as my partner and I were potentially splitting up (on a partnership based visa) was given info by the person was happy with that called again in feb this just to make sure things/rules hadn't changed.

Called twice in march once to tell them that the relationship had ended and checked re visas same info given as last 2 times. Had a look online for which visa option would suit saw about uk working holiday visa so called for the 2nd time in march.

Applied for a work visa in June had to withdraw it in July as I lost my job. Immigration took ages to return documents to my LIA so that I could put in for partnership visa as my new partner and I had been living together almost 3 months.

The letter the co has sent has asked about all this which is easy to explain but I'm at a loss as to why he doesn't think I've called immigration to let them know of the break down of the old relationship.

If I had anything to hide I wouldn't have called them 4 times in the space of 4 months

Has anyone else had problems with the call centre not recording things correctly

Yes the Call Center has some people who are not familiar with the processes or procedures.
    and they don't even record the notes in the system under your file.

I had a case where my visa was valid until MAR 2018 and my passport was expiring in SEP 2017.
    My visa was approved until AUG 2017 and I was requested to get the passport renewed and get the remaining balance of visa transferred to the new passport.

The Indian passports needs to be sent back to India where it gets printed and then retuned.

I called 10 times to the Imm CC, asking what to do if my passport doesn't come back in time, they adv "its normal, and you don't need to worry, we have recorded and just submit your new passport whenever you get it" they also gave me an assurance saying to follow up with my consulate in written communication and to attach it in my explanation when I am sending the new passport for the balance of my visa. I asked them if I should apply for any other visa or should I stop working, they advised no.

Anddd to my surprise I got an email from INZ, saying I am living here in NZ illegally and should leave within 20 days. I got my passport back and attached the communication from my consulate and they rejected it.

In short I was forced to apply for a visa under Section 61, with no fault from my end, and even the Section 61 officer agreed I was given wrong info.

Hi
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope it had been resolved by now.

Could u pls explain this? You said, your visa was valid until Mar 2018, and visa approved till Aug 2017 ? I did not understand this.

Do you mean to say, expiring passport is to be sent to India?
    Can you please mention, how long did it take to get a new passport from India?

Thanks for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by 5310sa View Post
    Yes the Call Center has some people who are not familiar with the processes or procedures.
    and they don't even record the notes in the system under your file.

I had a case where my visa was valid until MAR 2018 and my passport was expiring in SEP 2017.
    My visa was approved until AUG 2017 and I was requested to get the passport renewed and get the remaining balance of visa transferred to the new passport.

The Indian passports needs to be sent back to India where it gets printed and then retuned.

I called 10 times to the Imm CC, asking what to do if my passport doesn't come back in time, they adv "its normal, and you don't need to worry, we have recorded and just submit your new passport whenever you get it" they also gave me an assurance saying to follow up with my consulate in written communication and to attach it in my explanation when I am sending the new passport for the balance of my visa. I asked them if I should apply for any other visa or should I stop working, they advised no.

Anddd to my surprise I got an email from INZ, saying I am living here in NZ illegally and should leave within 20 days. I got my passport back and attached the communication from my consulate and they rejected it.

In short I was forced to apply for a visa under Section 61, with no fault from my end, and even the Section 61 officer agreed I was given wrong info.

Hi farfaraway,,

I live in AKL and had to send my passport to Wellington , so .. AKL to WLG ( Indian embassy) to India , the same way back. It took around 6-7 weeks in total.

I am on a work visa, and the visa was approved until March 2018, but as my passport was expiring in SEP 2017, they put a label only until AUG 2017.
    I was asked to get the passport renewed and get a second label from SEP 2017 to MAR 2018.

Its so strange that the Indian commission doesn't print passports here in NZ!

Thanks bro for the reply.

@5310sa don't worry, not only your country doesn't print passports outside our home country. I feel you

haha.
    I am sure that not many countries print their passports outside of the home country... ... security reasons...