Thread: Partnership residence visa - pregnancy

Default Partnership residence visa - pregnancy

Hi,

I am going to apply for a residence partnership based visa for my wife in the next month or so and had a few questions regarding pregnancy.

I am a New Zealand citizen so she would be eligible for the maternity services based on her partnership with me.

If we find out she is pregnant before we lodge the application do we have to tick the box regarding a condition requiring hospital care in section H5 and then mention in the notes section below that she is pregnant?

If we find out she is pregnant while the application is still being processed do we need to inform the Case Officer and would this affect anything?

Have already had a full medical done previously. Would we be required to do another?

Thanks

Pregnancy is not regarded by INZ as an illness - it won't count against her.

If she is already pregnant when you fill in the form, you should mention it, I think, as you have suggested. If you discover a pregnancy while the case is being processed, yes, inform the CO.

If she already has a medical which was passed as satisfactory less than 36 months go, she doesn't need another one. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46161.htm

Thanks for the quick reply, you are always very helpful, that clears things up a lot!