Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration Interview

Default Immigration Interview

Hi

I have applied my residency under SMC-Essential skills and everything is done. Questionnaire and IRD details, Medical sent to assigned CO. Now got mail from another CO regarding interview in Manukau branch next thursday. Is there anyone who has gone thru this kind of situation where Interview has been arranged in a branch.

It is not common, but is not unknown either.

When did you submit your ITA?

I had mine over the phone. I applied SMC overseas.
    This forum has info about interview questions in abundance.

ITA accepted on 13th july 2017.
    CO assigned: 16th October
    Questionaaire send to employer and requested IRD details on 16th oct
    Medical requested on 16th Nov
    Rcvd mail for an interview in Immigration Branch on 28th Nov

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It is not common, but is not unknown either.

When did you submit your ITA?
    13th july

See the old thread https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27398 for examples of the kind of questions to be expected. The requirements for what the CO is looking for didn't change, so even the old posts at the beginning are relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    See the old thread https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27398 for examples of the kind of questions to be expected. The requirements for what the CO is looking for didn't change, so even the old posts at the beginning are relevant.
    Hi JandM
    I have gone through those questions. I am bit confused like they will take an interview related to my job or just general questions?

Here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43652.htm are the directions to the CO which form the basis of this interview.

It comes down to assessing your "employability" - do you have enough knowledge about how things work in NZ, both ordinary life matters, and your career field, that you will be able quickly to settle in and make yourself available for interviews, then land a job to use your skills in the workplace for the benefit of NZ? If you show good knowledge and preparedness, you are approved. If you are not so well prepared, but not hopeless, you are offered the SMC Job Search Visa (allowing you to look for work in NZ for nine months - if you get the offer of skilled work in that time, your residence will be waiting for you). If you are not apparently prepared at all, you are rejected.

Hi JandM
    I have gone thru this link and got my doubts cleared. I already have a skilled job and working from last 1 and half year in the same company. So they gonna ask me everything related to job, settlement in NZ and any support in NZ. Just fingers crossed and hope for the best.
    Thanks JandM

In that case, I was mistaken, and the link I have given you is NOT the kind of interview you will be getting. That is for people who do not have a skilled job in NZ. It seems that the CO is more likely to want to talk to you about exactly what you have to do at work - the nature of your job, and how you use your skills. Or possibly some other aspect of your case, such as your past experience, if you claimed for that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast