Thread: Status check Functionality

Default Status check Functionality

So with no online status updates since submitting EOI in June, I again contacted INZ to enquire as to why i am unable to see my ITA status in my online profile. I recieved this reply which does not explain why some people can. Any comments appreciated.

While an EOI is the first step under the Skilled Migrant Category process it does not necessarily lead to an ITA or subsequent application and consequently sits in a separate Online Services system from the status check. As specified in my previous response, the status check functionality has recently been discontinued.

Unless you have registered for online viewing of visa application (not EOI) status previously you will not see your resident visa application status when you log in to your Online Services account.
    Last edited by NZ4US; 29th November 2017 at 12:07 PM.

Hi NZ4US, sorry to be intruding with a silly question. I guess you applied through an LIA, right? If yes, then, more often than not, you'll not have direct access to the online status. The LIA will, however, do. Just my first thoughts about this.

Yes am via a LIA. Really? Wonder why that?

Well, LIAs have a different login portal compared to common public. Most LIAs will have several ongoing applications belonging to different clients, so they can manage all of those applications through one account. What I know is that if you have applied through an LIA and STILL want a login and password of your own to check the status, then INZ can help you with that. It is a slightly convoluted process but not at all difficult per se.
    Also, I believe LIAs strongly discourage clients from setting up their own login accounts because it can create some technical hassles for them as far as monitoring the application is concerned. There can be some miscommunication, at times, as well. But I guess JandM and ChrisMwn would be able to advise better.

Chatted with INZ about this, apparently detailed status no longer work.

I too have seen some people get a more defined status, others don't, Im one of the people that don't, INZ mentioned if i ever wanted a more defined update i could give them a call and they would let me know were my application is.

I wouldn't advise calling everyday or every week though as waiting times for SMC are clearly stated to take up to 6 months, ill mostly likely call INZ in three / four months time again to get an update on any news about if they got any of my NSC data back.

Thanks for replies. I concur we should not be calling call centre or hassling our LIAs for updates, hence requiring the availability of the online service for us to check periodically without needing to bother others. So some have it and others dont. Ok so be it.

I am wondering if it is possible to log in to visa view via real me login and see? https://www2.logon.realme.govt.nz/cls/logon.logon?cid=1
    Will the SMC residence visa show here as soon as the approval has come online or will it only show after the AIP letter? JandM and others, could you please help me understand?

The status change online has been showing up before the AIP letter or email, usually by some weeks. I don't know what to expect now about online status, though, since INZ seem to have stopped providing this for a lot of people at the moment. I haven't heard whether that is a permanent change, or only temporary.