Thread: Notes Taken During an Inquiry from INZ

Default Notes Taken During an Inquiry from INZ

Hi,

I have noticed that whenever I call INZ to get a status update on my application (did that twice when my work visa was undergoing processing and have done once for SMC in the past two months), the operator says that he/she will make a note that I inquired about the status.

Have others also experienced the same thing? I wonder why do they take notes, is it just for record keeping or does it have any negative impact on the application?

I am obviously not encouraging calling INZ every now and then, but we all know that there are times during the very long wait when your patience just breaks down and you give in to the temptation of getting a status update.

Thanks!

So far, I have not heard the contact centre people expressly say that they will take note of the call. This despite the "literally" weekly call I made since ITA submission.
    But for sure most of us know that it's always recorded (as the voice prompt says from the start). My view is, a simple follow-up call has no negative impact on one's application.

What I understand is anytime an agent accesses your file or application, they need to note why they did so and what did they tell/advise you
    This is both for security reason, where people can track who all opened your client file and for what reason
    also to track what info/advise was given to you

I hope I am right
    Last edited by 5310sa; 4th December 2017 at 10:11 PM.

It is logged.

My feeling is that the negative impact is that the CO must feel as if you are breathing down their neck. How would you feel, at your work, if your boss had assigned you a task, and you had started on it, working correctly to the best of your ability, then someone came and stood watching you. 'What are you doing now? Why are you doing that? Why aren't you doing something else? What will happen next? How long will it be till that other fellow answers you?' Imagine all the pressure from the telephone calls logged, from 100 cases, if they all picked up the phone without restraining themselves. I remember one forum member, who indulged himself with multiple calls and emails, who actually received a communication from the branch manager, asking him to cease harrassing his staff.

I always say, if your reason for calling comes down to only, 'I am here, waiting - tell me something,' then don't call. The CO WILL contact you if they have anything to tell you, or they need more information. Otherwise, it's polite to let them get on with their job. INZ has a strictly enforced routine of date-order working, so no amount of calls asking for updates are going to have the effect of prodding a CO to deal with that person's case more quickly, and in any case, a lot of the verification depends on getting answers from third parties, so if they haven't yet supplied those answers, there is nothing the CO can do but wait, until they have been able to tick off all the requirements.