Thread: Will be applying soon for a work visa for my partner (advice needed)

Default Will be applying soon for a work visa for my partner (advice needed)

Hi All,

I will try to keep this post as short as possible as i tend to get carried away and type essays.

Lets say in this case my current address is London City. I do not want to give away my real address online.

Our evidence over a period of 4 years that we have been together and living together for more than 1 year now:

1) 200 +/- photos of us together (on holidays) and photos with family and friends
    2) Our 1 year Rental agreement contract for London City (including monthly statements from Landlord emailed to us)
    3) My medical aid statements (with my London City address on it)
    4) Post letters of various other accounts that myself and my partner have displying our current address (London City)
    5) Bank records showing transfer of fees between my partner and my account. We support each other with financially alot each month for various things.
    6) 1 year cellphone contract that my partner took out for both of us for mobile phones. She is the primary holder of the contract.
    7) Work emails between my partner and myself (printed in black and white)
    8) Social media: Facebook screenshots printed in black and white that shows our relationship status, inbox messages (with various timestamps as posting all messges would be pages and pages long) as well as posts from my family and her family and friends.
    9) Emails from our landlord addressed to us for appointments at our flat to fix various issues we had like the leaking geyser in our flat to replacing the bathroom door and other issues where things broke down in our flat.

Now there is one thing that is bothering me alot and i am very stressed out about. On our bank statements our addresses was not changed to our new address London City. We only had that changed the last month or so. We recieve our statements via email and we never really thought to change it as we do not recieve anything via post. Maybe promotional material gets sent via post but we do not want that.

Considering all the above, for anyone who is knowledgable on these immigration applications, is there a reason for immigration NZ to deny my partner of 4 years a work visa?

I fear this application getting denied because of the address on our bank statements not showing London City but our old address will hamper the application even though there is proof that we send each other money every month and the bank records show that. All other evidence of other accounts show that we stay at the same address. I can even have the landlord write a letter of support to say that we do stay at same address. I do not think this will be necessary as our rental agreement does show this information already but if a letter of support from landlord will help i will get that.

I look forward to returning to NZ and making it my permanent home but if anyone can explain if we have a good case to get my partner a visa that would be great and very helpful. There may be some evidence that i did not mention in this post because we have alot of evidence.

A last question: Will immigration NZ accept black and white printed photos or do they want standard glossy photos printed in colour? I ask because i can save alot of money if i am able to print black and white photos at my work instead of the expensive glossy ones you have to get printed at Kodak or a Photo printing shop.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

You know my answer to this same question, on your other thread. I think you are overthinking this, worrying about nothing very much. If the INZ CO requires more information or proof on any aspect of your partner's application, s/he will ask for it, and at that point you can take further action, if required. There isn't anything further to do, unless and until that happens.