Thread: change job location on Essential Work Visa

Default change job location on Essential Work Visa

Hi,

I work as a ICT sales representative which is skill level 1. If I want to move my job location with same salary package, same title, within the same company can I do a variation of change or do I have to do a whole new work visa.

Thanks.

It depends on exactly what it says on your visa, and how big a change this will be. If the new location is within the same geographical area, you may be able to get a Variation of Conditions, but if not, for instance if your employer wants you to move to their Christchurch branch when you have been working in New Plymouth, that would mean changing the visa. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...c-are-changing You can talk this over with INZ - they are usually very helpful about co-ordinating whatever change needs to be made to the right date, to keep you legal.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It depends on exactly what it says on your visa, and how big a change this will be. If the new location is within the same geographical area, you may be able to get a Variation of Conditions, but if not, for instance if your employer wants you to move to their Christchurch branch when you have been working in New Plymouth, that would mean changing the visa. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...c-are-changing You can talk this over with INZ - they are usually very helpful about co-ordinating whatever change needs to be made to the right date, to keep you legal.
    Hi Cdpic,

My company also moved from one location to another but with in auckland and i am on essential work visa and i have not applied variation. It is just as it is. Only i informed immigration that my company address has been changed.

Thanks JandM and Anugupta.

@Anugupta, Did you do it recently. So if you are working for the same REGION for that employer even a variation of condition is not neccessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Anugupta View Post
    Hi Cdpic,

My company also moved from one location to another but with in auckland and i am on essential work visa and i have not applied variation. It is just as it is. Only i informed immigration that my company address has been changed.
    Hi Cdpic

My company moved to new location in same region in august 2017 and i did not put any variation. Just send change of address email to immigration . If company name is different then you have to apply variation. But if company name is same then you need not to put variation. That is what i did.

Thank you so much Anugupta.