Thread: New Visa Sticker in Passport (Work Partnership-based)

Default New Visa Sticker in Passport (Work Partnership-based)

Hi,

Current Work Visa expires this month & I can see online New Work Visa 'Approved' does this mean I need to get new Work Visa Sticker put into Passport before Existing Work Visa expires this month in order for the New Work Visa to be actually valid & to remain legal in New Zealand???

I have not recieved a request for passport to be sent to INZ yet & doubt this will happen soon as INZ closes Dec 22, 2017 as per INZ call centre confirming when I called them awhile ago.

I do not want to assume just because it's 'Approved' online that I just wait until my Existing Work Visa expires & assume it just rolls over to the New Work Visa (without the New Work Visa Sticker in the Passport) & that it means it's 'Valid' & find out its actually NOT because the New Work Visa Sticker has not been placed into the passport.

Please advise of any INZ info/links where my question can be answered?
    Last edited by MollyDee; 7th December 2017 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyDee View Post
    Hi,

Current Work Visa expires this month & I can see online New Work Visa 'Approved' does this mean I need to get new Work Visa Sticker put into Passport before Existing Work Visa expires this month in order for the New Work Visa to be actually valid & to remain legal in New Zealand???

I have not recieved a request for passport to be sent to INZ yet & doubt this will happen soon as INZ closes Dec 22, 2017 as per INZ call centre confirming when I called them awhile ago.

I do not want to assume just because it's 'Approved' online that I just wait until my Existing Work Visa expires & assume it just rolls over to the New Work Visa (without the New Work Visa Sticker in the Passport) & that it means it's 'Valid' & find out its actually NOT because the New Work Visa Sticker has not been placed into the passport.

Please advise of any INZ info/links where my question can be answered?
    Was this an online application or one lodged in paper form?

Its likely to be issued as an "e-visa" and emailed to you. Have you checked your SPAM, or your online account to see if the visa approval letter is there?

Hi ChrisMwn,

Paper form sent to INZ via physical post but I have an online account to check status hence I can see the 'Approved' I'll check Spam.

But I'm just worried if Sticker not in Passport before current Visa expires then New Visa becomes null?

Nothing in spam email just checked.