Thread: Reg. INZ holidays

Default Reg. INZ holidays

Hi All,

Next week I am planning to submit my ITA documents. I will send all ITA documents in courier from India to NZ.

Just want to know the what is the INZ holiday dates of Christmas/New year.

What will happen if my courier is reached to NZ in holiday period?

INZ will be closed from 22nd December to 3rd January.

I too am curious what happens if your couriered documents arrive when INZ is on holiday. I'm sure delivery services would keep trying, but there might be a limited number of attempts. I'm applying to the DC office by paper form, so I'm not sure when/whether they would forward my documents to an NZ office (or maybe they only mail INZ our passports, not the rest of the vital docs?)

I have to apply for the visitors visa in Dec so the processing will hopefully be done by the time our Feb 18th flight date comes along. It's supposed to be 25 business days...normally...but with the holiday I'm a bit nervous, especially since I can't mail anything until I get back on 12/20. The DC office takes 6 days off.

I've had that experience before..im sure INZ usually leave a notice about their resumption date....so courier redeliver it...I sent mine through FedEx then...and they updated me with a delivery failure notice and then rescheduled the delivery.

Quick question... can we send any informal greetings to CO during these holiday season ( New Year/Christmas) wishes

"a sneaky way to let them know we are waiting for an update"

Don't you think the COs know that the applicants on ALL their cases are waiting for news?

I always say, if your reason for calling comes down to only, 'I am here, waiting - tell me something,' then don't call. The CO WILL contact you if they have anything to tell you, or they need more information. Otherwise, it's polite to let them get on with their job. INZ has a strictly enforced routine of date-order working, so no amount of calls asking for updates are going to have the effect of prodding a CO to deal with that person's case more quickly, and in any case, a lot of the verification depends on getting answers from third parties, so if they haven't yet supplied those answers, there is nothing the CO can do but wait, until they have been able to tick off all the requirements.