Thread: Airpoints / Flybus... Do i need them? (what are they?)

Default Airpoints / Flybus... Do i need them? (what are they?)

They seem very aeronautically orientated for what are just points cards, am I missing something?
    Do I need them, and will I get mega saving bargain deals out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by tigerstyle View Post
    They seem very aeronautically orientated for what are just points cards, am I missing something?
    Do I need them, and will I get mega saving bargain deals out of it?
    Airpoints and Flybys were connected until recently but now they're separate things. I've had Airpoints for ages and I think they're worth it if you fly with Air NZ, we've had some free flights out of it. Flybys always seemed kind of pointless to me personally but a lot of people use Flybys so I'm probably in a minority

They're loyalty programs and, like all such programs, can be beneficial as long as you don't let the tail wag the dog (buy stuff you don't need or pay more for stuff just to collect points). We do collect Flybuys but don't go out of the way to do so. It's just a matter of scanning your card whenever buying something from somewhere on the list. A night in a motel, some garden tools and a subscription to "Listener" are a few of the things we've collected through Flybuys over the past few years.