Thread: Regarding a torn page in my passport

Default Regarding a torn page in my passport

Hi Chris and Jand m hope you can help me out on this , I just came to my country India for a visit and the customs team in the local airport has stopped me for bringing camera and mobile and charged me customs duty and detained my goods and passport n informed me that until I pay I won’t get those back after a long debate I have paid customs duty and got my goods and my passport back . After reaching home I have realised that a page which has my visitor visa on one side and my work visa on other side is slightly torn from the top , I am a resident now and I got that visa stamped in a different page and that’s absolutely fine . My travel date is coming soon now I’m worried that will they consider that slightly torn page as damaged passport n will that be an issue can I glue it back ... please do help I’m stuck.

Sympathies. This must be very annoying.

I don't KNOW an answer to this, so unless ChrisMwn has information, I suggest that the proper thing to do is to ask INZ.

My best guess (only a guess, nothing official) is that you should not try to repair the passport yourself, as this could count as tampering with it. By your description, the damage is not going to cause the page to fall out.

hope you are able to travel back as usual.
    Got some links here with similar cases : https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...ed-urgent-help
    https://travel.stackexchange.com/que...-from-passport
    https://www.travelvisapro.com/blog/passportrenewal/
    As JandM said INZ can answer this.
    Not sure how the immigration officer at the country of departure will react to torn passport page... Must also consult with a travel agent too from the departure country.
    Last edited by farfaraway; 18th December 2017 at 02:45 AM. Reason: aata

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnymandava View Post
    Hi Chris and Jand m hope you can help me out on this , I just came to my country India for a visit and the customs team in the local airport has stopped me for bringing camera and mobile and charged me customs duty and detained my goods and passport n informed me that until I pay I won’t get those back after a long debate I have paid customs duty and got my goods and my passport back . After reaching home I have realised that a page which has my visitor visa on one side and my work visa on other side is slightly torn from the top , I am a resident now and I got that visa stamped in a different page and that’s absolutely fine . My travel date is coming soon now I’m worried that will they consider that slightly torn page as damaged passport n will that be an issue can I glue it back ... please do help I’m stuck.
    It is possible that you might be denied boarding by the airline if they detect that your passport is damaged or has been tampered with. That would particularly be the case if the personal details page was effected in some way. An page with an old torn visa might not be considered so important. If your residence visa is the one that you are travelling on, then that would probably get you cleared across the border in NZ, but there might be some questions.