Thread: residency "approved in principle" - but requiring extra docs?

Default residency "approved in principle" - but requiring extra docs?

Hi,

I received the very exciting letter saying residency had been approved in principle for my partner and I.

Thank you so much to all those who helped us along the way through this forum.

I'm a little confused though - as the letter says "additional documents required": Please provide original or certified copies of your signed employment agreement and your tenancy agreement from the UK.

I sent both of these things in with either my original application by post, or in the secondary stage when the case officer asked for more evidence. I'm a bit confused as to why I'm being asked for these documents again, and so late in the decision process? Is this normal?

The only thing I can think it could be is that the documents I sent were scanned versions? Ie, I lost our UK tenancy agreement ages ago, so during the evidence gathering process I contacted our old estate letting agents, who kindly sent through the signed copies of the tenancy agreement. This was submitted fine and I never heard anything else on this matter from my case officer, so assumed it was accepted.

I can submit the actual copy of my signed employment agreement. As obviously I signed this not so long ago, and in NZ, so I haven't had the chance to lose it yet. But the tenancy agreement is niggling at me a little....

Any advice / thoughts much appreciated!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by em720 View Post
    Hi,

I received the very exciting letter saying residency had been approved in principle for my partner and I.

Thank you so much to all those who helped us along the way through this forum.

I'm a little confused though - as the letter says "additional documents required": Please provide original or certified copies of your signed employment agreement and your tenancy agreement from the UK.

I sent both of these things in with either my original application by post, or in the secondary stage when the case officer asked for more evidence. I'm a bit confused as to why I'm being asked for these documents again, and so late in the decision process? Is this normal?

The only thing I can think it could be is that the documents I sent were scanned versions? Ie, I lost our UK tenancy agreement ages ago, so during the evidence gathering process I contacted our old estate letting agents, who kindly sent through the signed copies of the tenancy agreement. This was submitted fine and I never heard anything else on this matter from my case officer, so assumed it was accepted.

I can submit the actual copy of my signed employment agreement. As obviously I signed this not so long ago, and in NZ, so I haven't had the chance to lose it yet. But the tenancy agreement is niggling at me a little....

Any advice / thoughts much appreciated!

Thanks!
    yes, the issue is that for residence applications they can require original or certified copies on file, not copies or scanned copies

oh bugger... definitely don't have the original tenancy document, otherwise I would've sent that with the residency application in the post. I have a scanned copy of the original, provided by the estate agents in the UK....the case officer accepted this as part of our evidence for partnership agreement. She's now on annual leave, so I am a bit stuck really! What do they do for people who have lost original documents? I can't really think of any way round this unless I get in contact with my old landlord, and see if they will post their tenancy agreement over to us...can't see that happening tho!

deleted as was a duplicate post

Maybe you could pay for your old landlord to have a copy of their tenancy agreement certified by a solicitor in the UK.