Thread: What date is a police record valid from

Default What date is a police record valid from

I need to ask the following question. When is a chinese police record valid from the date on the certificate or the date it was notarised. Certificate date 28 June 2017,Notarised July 18 2017.

I believe they are valid from the date of the certificate, because it is accurate as of that date. Anything could have happened between when the certificate is issued and when you get it notarised.

Thank you I was thinking the same. But can we still apply residency and add police certificate later explaining we missed expiration and awaiting for updated certificate

Have you submitted the report with another visa application? For the partnership residence visa, you do not need to update your certificate if you have previously submitted one and are lodging your residence application within 24 months of the date of issue of the certificate. I don't know if that holds true for other residence applications. I would check the instruction guide that corresponds with your specific application.

We did have a valid police when we applied for partner work visa but the 24 month period has expired in that one that is why my partner had to go back and get new certificate but we went by the date the certificate was notarized thought we had yo to 10 Jan 2018 to put in residency application. DUMB oversize I am hoping we can still put in residency and can add updated police cert when it arrives. My partner's work visa expires May 2018

Here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41439.htm is the regulation.

Given the sort of "double" requirement for the Chinese police certificate - the certificate and then the notarization - I think it may be worth trying submitting the application using the one your partner already has, saying that there is ALSO another certificate on its way.

Another thought occurs to me, though, which you should be aware of. Even if your partner puts in the application for partner-sponsored residence in January (and the application is accepted and lodged fro processing), it may not be processed before the present visa expires. If time goes by and expiry is getting close, it may be necessary to apply for another partner-sponsored work visa as well. INZ can issue an interim visa to keep things legal during processing, when an application has been lodged for a temporary visa, though they can't do that for a residence visa.