Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIP Resident Letter & Speeding ticket (JandM & ChrisMwn) advice please?

Default AIP Resident Letter & Speeding ticket (JandM & ChrisMwn) advice please?

Excited to recieve AIP (Resident Partnership) letter today.

Posted passport today and in all the excitement I didn't realise I was driving over the speed limit after leaving the post office and was pulled over by the police First time ever in my life.

I asked the police if it was a 'ticket' & they replied yes & that I would receive a letter in afew days re: details for payment.

I asked if I needed to go to court & the officer laughed & said No its just a ticket & to make sure I pay it.

As per AIP letter do I need to advise my CO? It's not a conviction but I've always been honest about everything I'might just not sure if I need to advise CO about ticket?

Please direct me to INZ links for more info

Quote Originally Posted by MollyDee View Post
    Excited to recieve AIP (Resident Partnership) letter today.

Posted passport today and in all the excitement I didn't realise I was driving over the speed limit after leaving the post office and was pulled over by the police First time ever in my life.

I asked the police if it was a 'ticket' & they replied yes & that I would receive a letter in afew days re: details for payment.

I asked if I needed to go to court & the officer laughed & said No its just a ticket & to make sure I pay it.

As per AIP letter do I need to advise my CO? It's not a conviction but I've always been honest about everything I'might just not sure if I need to advise CO about ticket?

Please direct me to INZ links for more info
    Not an offence, but rather an infringement. Declaration not required, no convictions, just paid infringements.

Thanks ChrisMwn,

My technical understanding is not great with various stipulations.

The situation happened same day as receiving AIP letter which states - "If your circumstances change that could affect our assessment of Health or Character you must tell us"

Based on that statement because it's a Ticket aka Infringement I'm assuming it does not affect my (Character) Status with (INZ)?

Just wondering if I need to let CO know?

Quote Originally Posted by MollyDee View Post
    Thanks ChrisMwn,

My technical understanding is not great with various stipulations.

The situation happened same day as receiving AIP letter which states - "If your circumstances change that could affect our assessment of Health or Character you must tell us"

Based on that statement because it's a Ticket aka Infringement I'm assuming it does not affect my (Character) Status with (INZ)?

Just wondering if I need to let CO know?
    as above, INZ are only interested in offences, and convictions. Neither have occurred with the issue of a Traffic Infringement Notice.

Thanks so much ChrisMwn I thought so but I can never be too sure so thanks for clarifying as per INZ info.

I thought a speeding ticket was an offence?

No, an offence is when you have to go to court. An infringement is something dealt with on the spot. You're all right on this one.

Thanks JandM, appreciate it.

I just want to make sure any info I need to disclose to (INZ) I do. But I also don't want to waste their time sending them info not required.

Thanks JandM & ChrisMwn (You are both a BIG help to everyone on this site)

Sorry just one more question.

Will this ticket impact future P.R. application if I do not disclose to CO now about this ticket?

Sorry I'm so over-thinking...

You ARE over-thinking. Stop worrying. You do not have to disclose this now, and it alone will not impact your future PR application.

For PR, there is the same character requirement as there is for Residence. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35058.htm ONE traffic infringement most certainly does not cross the line. If asked about brushes with the law, for the sake of complete disclosure, it is usually advisable to say, "Paid infringement(s) only," and give details. This business of yours really is a small matter - but, that said, there are some people who demonstrate that they have no respect for the law by racking up traffic violations, and multiple infringements a) get a person summoned to court rather than being dealt with by a ticket, and b) attract INZ's attention.

Thanks so much JandM

Will stop my over-thinking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast