Thread: Residence Visa Travel Conditions

Default Residence Visa Travel Conditions

Hi guys - I'm looking for some advice regarding the travel conditions on my current Residence Visa.

I have travel conditions that expire at the beginning of February – however, I have been in New Zealand since early October 2017, and I intend to stay until I have logged the required 184 days that will allow me to extend the travel conditions for a further 12 months.

I spoke to an INZ representative earlier today and he assured me that I have up to three months to renew these conditions after they expire, and I will therefore be able to make a formal application around 10th April 2018, by which time I will have spent the required amount of time in New Zealand.

My question is this: Would it be easier to apply for a variation of travel conditions whilst I’m in New Zealand (which would add a few weeks to my stay while processing takes place), or would I be able to go back to the UK as soon as I have reached 184 days and apply for a second or subsequent resident visa via the London office?

Is there any benefit to doing one or the other?

Thanks in advance
    Dan

Another of your posts which I didn't see at the time - sorry.

The process is the same wherever you submit the application from. INZ is in the process of closing remote offices and bringing all processing onshore, so it's quite likely that the case would be worked in NZ anyway.