Thread: Renewing Essential skill visa

Question Renewing Essential skill visa

Hi

Just wanna ask about renewing my essential skill visa. This is kinda long and complicated story.

I have a problem with my past employer in the middle east. My employer doesn't want to let me go even my contract is finished and they only want me to go on vacation (I already have a job offer in NZ before my contract is finished and my employer in NZ is waiting for me). So, I accepted what they want and I asked for a certificate of employment for loan purposes. So, they gave me a certificate of employment in an envelope and me not knowing that there's no seal and signature from the HR.

I applied for a visa back in 2015. I used the certificate of employment even without seal and signature of HR. My visa got approved for 3 years.

Now, I am going to renew my essential skills visa and I'm afraid to use that certificate because they might say its a fake document. I asked my employer in the middle east but they don't want to give me a certificate of employment because I didn't come back to work with them. Basically my company disowned me.

Is it okay not to mention in my application the past employer in the middle east? but I will be short of work experience for the category and I might not get approved.
    Or
    Just use again the certificate I have even there are no seal and HR signature?

I'm confused about my situation.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you

This sounds like a very normal human reaction of nervousness when having to deal with INZ. People start doubting the most ordinary things, for no good reason.

You applied using this certificate before, and were successful. It worked. The sight of the form was enough as it stood. When you got it back, you thought it was missing a stamp and HR signature, but INZ did not think that way.

If you apply WITHOUT this certificate, that is, WITHOUT enough experience proved in the record you are providing, INZ are not going to be able to grant another visa. Also, applying without it might raise questions about why you are not using what you have already used before. If you then explained that you got worried that it might not be valid, it could be claimed that you previously made a fraudulent application.

But it was NOT fraudulent, because you genuinely worked at that company for the time you said you had, and the certiicate genuinely supplied by that company told the truth. Your own financial and tax records for the time would back this up. Former colleagues from those days would know that yes, indeed, you worked there in the position stated.

Lightbulb

Thanks for the response JandM!
    Gives me a relief.

Yeah I'm an over thinker I reckon.

I will use the certificate and if the IO asks why there are no seal and signature I will have my back up documents like company ID, Contract, and testimonies from former colleagues to prove that I've worked in that company.

I will lodge my application next month even though my visa will expire on October. I just want to know early what's gonna happen with my visa application.

I'll update this thread about what happened with my application.

Cheers!