Thread: How to Renew Indian Passport In NZ

Question How to Renew Indian Passport In NZ

Hi ,

My Indian Passport is expiring is on Dec 2018 and will be eligible for PR on June 18. Came to know that the PP can be renewed 1 year before the Expiring Date.

So which will be the better option : to renew my passport after converting Residence to PR or Renewal of PP then Visa conversion.

Also please provide the details for Renewing Indian PP in NZ.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by cijoc View Post
    Hi ,

My Indian Passport is expiring is on Dec 2018 and will be eligible for PR on June 18. Came to know that the PP can be renewed 1 year before the Expiring Date.

So which will be the better option : to renew my passport after converting Residence to PR or Renewal of PP then Visa conversion.

Thanks in advance.
    Probably better to renew passport before PR application, otherwise you'd then have to apply for a label transfer at further cost later.

Indian High Commission in Wellington takes care of all Passport renewals. The process and documents needed are detailed on their website.

http://hciwellington.in/

Renew passport now. Get PR visa on new passport. This way you save transfer of permanent resident visa fees.

Hi ,

Thanks in advance.
    see also http://hciwellington.in/hci.php?id=Passport#5

Can I apply for PR with new passport and the residence visa on the old passport ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Probably better to renew passport before PR application, otherwise you'd then have to apply for a label transfer at further cost later.
    Can I apply for PR with new passport and the residence visa on the old passport ?

Yes

From my experience, it took 4 weeks to prepare the documents and approx 6 weeks to get a new passport. Wellington office is quite efficient compared to other Indian embassies overseas my friends had to deal with.