Thread: IMMIGRATION NZ accepts flaws in applications

Default IMMIGRATION NZ accepts flaws in applications

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/natio...ts-were-flawed

Has anyone seen this?

Last year I was declined as a customer support officer stating my employment was not a substantial match. As I result I had to pay to appeal and then lawyers fees and it took the intervention of the minister to approve my application. Given that they have admitted that applications were incorrectly declined, do you think I have a case for asking for my appeal fee back? It could be that my case was one of the cases that were incorrectly assessed and declined.

Either way it's pretty shocking to hear.

Yes, it's shocking to hear, and very annoying.

I very much doubt, however, that any request for a return of your fees would be met with a cheerful, 'Oh, okay, there you are.' (I think from the fact that you are reporting this news item means that you weren't involved in this particular legal action yourself, so you would be making a new approach as an individual.) Anything you did would almost certainly involve you once again with lawyers, tribunals, tense waiting, and more expense. Do you want strongly enough to be told you were right, to endure what it would take to get to that point (and possibly not make it)? Sometimes, "fairness" and "the law" are two very different things.

Hello Jsstonley,

I am under the same situation , my case Is being sent back to INZ for reassessment :-(

Wait game is now on again!! Its been already 16 months in stress.

I hope it goes fine at the end.

Regards,
    Anchal

Hi Jstonley,

My work visa was also denied which was based on partnership, though there was sufficient proof. You had it in you to take up the case, but I had to live with it. Cheers to you lets hope they take utmost care while dealing with a case and not in any hurry.