Thread: Resident visa 12-month variation of travel conditions

Default Resident visa 12-month variation of travel conditions

Hi every one,

I have gone throw the forum here and found this post:

https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49432

now my question is: if the main application got the variation of travel condition for 12 months, can the partner have the same variation even if he or she didn't spend the same time in New Zealand? ie didn't spend 184 days in the last 12 months?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s_zahmak View Post
    Hi every one,

I have gone throw the forum here and found this post:

https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49432

now my question is: if the main application got the variation of travel condition for 12 months, can the partner have the same variation even if he or she didn't spend the same time in New Zealand? ie didn't spend 184 days in the last 12 months?

Thanks
    If you partner was included in you original residence application, then there is no requirement to spend any time in new Zealand, apart from activating here first resident visa by making an arrival here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    If you partner was included in you original residence application, then there is no requirement to spend any time in new Zealand, apart from activating here first resident visa by making an arrival here.
    Thank you ChrisMwn very much.

Just to confirm:
    I have my visa with me know, got the sticker May 2017.
    I’m the main applicant, and my husband was included in the original residence application.
    We will enter New Zealand to activate the visa in March 2018 for a short time.

My plan is:
    The children and I will come back to live in NZ in June 2019.
    Jan 2020 I apply for the variation of the travel condition for 12 months. If granted in Feb 2020 my husband can stay overseas till Jan 2021.
    Even if he didn’t enter New Zealand from the first date of visa activation? (He may come and visit, I’m just trying to buy him some time to finish his degree)

And is this a known rule? or it may depend on the case officer who will handle the variation of travel condition request?
    Thank you very much again for your valuable help.