Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do people do when no chances left

Default what do people do when no chances left

I am thinking ahead and (probably overthinking). my son and his girlfriend currently have an application in for temporary partnership based work visa. Say this work visa is declined (last two were), what do they do then. She cant live here and he is in her home country right now and has quickly discovered he would unable to work there, her wages are poor so couldnt support them both. What on earth will they do, I am so stressed it is affecting my health (and its not even me). Has anyone got any ideas of solutions that could lead to a better outcome in the future, I would be so grateful ofr suggestions some way forward, thanks all and good luck to everyone waiting for your outcomes

It is no use thinking far ahead and using up your emotions on this. It will not affect anything except your state of health. For your sake, and theirs because they care about you, you need to take each day as it comes, wait, and try to concentrate on day to day things in the present.

Governments are not run in a way that takes account of individuals' feelings. When someone puts in for a visa, the regulations are applied to their situation without any empathy. The only thing any applicant can do is to keep trying by concentrating on fulfilling every tiny detail of the rules.

Hi traybon,
    For how long ur son and his girlfriend living together now?

Quote Originally Posted by luckylovemom View Post
    Hi traybon,
    For how long ur son and his girlfriend living together now?
    If you look back at your own old posts, you will see the beginning of this story.

yes I know but much easier said than done. I have never been so unhappy or despairing. I know that they must comply by all the rules. I am seeking some ideas on how they could comply in the future if they cant live in each others countries.

luckylovemom they have been together 15 months, she lived here in our home for 7 months and has been back in her home country 6 months now

I wish I had more to offer than just virtual hugs. If planning ahead for contingencies makes you feel better, then go ahead. If it just makes you wallow in stress, see if you can take your mind off it until you get actual news. I'm of the type where planning helps me deal with stress, but that doesn't work for everyone.

yes I am the same Juniper, if I could get a "plan b" into action in my head would def help soften (if possible) the news when it comes

have been thinking about this.
    He can get a British Passport entitling him to work in the UK, she could get a 6 month visitor visa there.
    If they rented a place together, and she was 100% finicially dependant on him (again as he supported her here as well).
    and they lived there ticking all the boxes eg: tenancy agreement, bills, joint assets etc etc, could they then apply from there for the 1year temporary work visa they seek now?
    Dont know if they would be able to get joint bank account there though
    Only problem is would all have to be done within 6 months as her visitor visa would run out. They could maybe come back via Asia while the visa was processing
    Prob things I havent thought of, and dont know if the time frame would be long enough, -- any ideas appreciated. J and M your expert advise would be great and they have the most fantastic LIA (not naming any names lol), who would give this advice but just getting ahead of myself as usual

Partner work visa depends on if their relationship is stable and genuine, so please open a joint account, sign the rental/water&electricity bill/ insurance, take photos with friends, travel... all together. If possible, provide support letters from relatives/friends/neighbours/workmates showing their relationship to the immigration officer.
    You son's girlfriend does not need to leave when waiting for the partner work visa result.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast