Thread: Question(s) About Work Visa via Partnership

Default Question(s) About Work Visa via Partnership

I need some help with my situation. I'm a New Zealand citizen but have been in the Philippines for the last 14 years. I met my partner in 2013 and started living in with him in 2015.

We're on the application stage for the Work Visa via Partnership and I'd like to ask for your advice if there is any chance he'll be approved of the visa even if he is married to someone else? They had an amicable split and his wife already has a partner as well. They have two kids together though.

We're submitting his application this month and I'm sort of worried if he'll be accepted in spite of being legally married to someone else. We did get his (ex)wife to write a letter supporting us though, if that helps any.

I'm really nervous about the outcome and would love to hear if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Also, how long does the application for this visa usually last?

Thank you!

INZ look at whether the couple concerned are living together to determine whether or not there is a partnership, NOT their marital status. If you've got evidence that you have a live-in relationship (see old threads for discussion and examples https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour....0.xPX6jGdOoVo), that is what is important.

There is no way to predict processing times. Every case is individual, everything gets checked over, and it takes as long as it takes, is all anyone can say. The INZ website states something that is their best guess, but that's based on recent averages, and is no guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    INZ look at whether the couple concerned are living together to determine whether or not there is a partnership, NOT their marital status. If you've got evidence that you have a live-in relationship (see old threads for discussion and examples https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour....0.xPX6jGdOoVo), that is what is important.

There is no way to predict processing times. Every case is individual, everything gets checked over, and it takes as long as it takes, is all anyone can say. The INZ website states something that is their best guess, but that's based on recent averages, and is no guarantee.
    Thank you JandM. Appreciate it.