Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residency evidence

Default Residency evidence

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of gathering evidences for Partnership residency. I have a question, does electronic bill would be enough to show the address that we have live together? There are mails sent via post however, there are months that I haven't received any . Will INZ needs a post/mail send in the address for each month under my name? Please help I'm going Crazy.

Cheers

Friends support letters
    Rental agreement etc

While it is good to have mail as evidence of presence at the shared address, it is not essential to have specifically a bill every month.

Maybe the electronic bills can help simply because it shows that you've signed up for service at your address. Also other things should work like a lease showing an apartment is in your name, letters from your landlord stating you're a tenant, or if you own a house you should be able to use your property documents.

I live in South Korea and recently got my partnership-based residency visa approved. Getting the proof of address documentation together was the hardest part of the application for us to . Our utility bills arrive in our landlord's name, the lease on my apartment lists my employer as the renter rather than me, and we don't really get any mail sent to us because our mailbox is a shambles. The best I could do was a Korean government document stating our address and the date we are on record with Korean immigration as living there. However our case officer asked us for additional documents, so we looked through all our papers and found some electronic student loan bill statements for my wife, and some bank transfer documents that have our address on them. We sent these in and after waiting 2 more months my visa was approved. I have no idea which of the documents was sufficient for the case officer to determine that we had a shared address. Unless you have made sure to keep all your mail around this is a tricky requirement to meet and you just kind of have to give as many documents as you can and hope they are enough, and if it's not the case officer will notify you and ask for more information.
    Last edited by fltonz; 14th January 2018 at 10:01 PM.

Also this is what the case officer said in his request for more documents:

As per the information on file, you have provided evidence of partnership. However, Immigration Instructions state that a couple must be in a genuine and stable relationship and living together in such a partnership for at least 12 months. Please provide further evidence as follows that covers a 12 month period. Such evidence includes but is not limited to:

· Original or certified true copies of joint or individual utility accounts such as electricity, rates, internet connection and telephone bills

· Original or certified true copies of joint or individual correspondence sent to home address

· Original or certified true copies of joint or individual assets such as major household furniture, appliances, computers, cars etc
    Looking at the first bullet point, I think having proof that you are signed up for utilities, even if it's electronic copies, would work. But I don't know for sure.

The third bullet point is confusing and I still don't know what it means. I guess you could show proof that you bought something like a car or computer over the last year but I'm not sure what that is supposed to show.

· Original or certified true copies of joint or individual assets such as major household furniture, appliances, computers, cars etc
    This kind of substantial purchase by one of you or both of you jointly, to be used by you both in your shared home and life, tends to show commitment.

Sounds great!

But can you tell me the complete list of evidence u have submitted?

Just a guide.
    Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy8888 View Post
    Sounds great!

But can you tell me the complete list of evidence u have submitted?

Just a guide.
    Cheers,
    Talking to me? I did, but ok...

- Korean government document listing the address Korean immigration had on record for us
    - a couple of letters we had sent to our home address (obviously not enough)
    - NZ student loan documents for my wife showing they had our Korean address on file, these were only sent by email so she printed them out
    - Korean bank transfer documents showing our address in English

Again I don't know which of these documents led the case officer to approve my visa, it might have been one and it might have been all of them. What works for one visa application might not work for another. It's just examples of what worked for one person.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    This kind of substantial purchase by one of you or both of you jointly, to be used by you both in your shared home and life, tends to show commitment.
    But wouldn't it be more for financial commitment? I used other documents for the financial commitment aspect of the application and the CO never asked for more data about it. The request for "true copies of joint or individual assets" was as part of the request for more proof of living together. I guess it's to provide the "genuine and stable relationship" aspect. I'm not sure what you'd do, I guess show receipts for expensive items like a car, fridge, etc. I would have done so but we hadn't bought anything like that in the year leading up to my submission.

Quote Originally Posted by fltonz View Post
    But wouldn't it be more for financial commitment? I used other documents for the financial commitment aspect of the application and the CO never asked for more data about it. The request for "true copies of joint or individual assets" was as part of the request for more proof of living together. I guess it's to provide the "genuine and stable relationship" aspect. I'm not sure what you'd do, I guess show receipts for expensive items like a car, fridge, etc. I would have done so but we hadn't bought anything like that in the year leading up to my submission.
    Thanks! Such a big help. Also, the joint bank account? Do you have joint savings?or account? How did u show evidence of financially supporting each other? I am financially dependent to my partner. I haven't gotten a chance to earn for myself as I ended got pregnant after my visa was granted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast