Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visa questions

Default Visa questions

Hi,
    I am an Indian national living in US. My partner is also Indian and living together. My children are US citizens. I have been offered a job in NZ by a accredited employer. I can apply for a talent work visa. My question is regarding visas for my partner and children. These are the visas I am planning to apply for them. I would like to know if they are correct.

1. Partner - Partner of a Worker Work Visa
    2. Children (10 & 4) - Dependent Child Student Visa

Thank you
    Last edited by charliebrown; 15th January 2018 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Hi,
    I am an Indian national living in US. My partner is also Indian and living together. My children are US citizens. I have been offered a job in NZ by a accredited employer. I can apply for a talent work visa. My question is regarding visas for my partner and children. These are the visas I am planning to apply for them. I would like to know if they are correct.

1. Partner - Partner of a Worker Work Visa

Thank you
    Yes, but you will need to lodge them manually rather than online. You can attach a cover note explaining that they relate to your own talent visa application, so that they get with all together. mediclas and Police clearances are required for you and your wife and medicals for children.

Thank you very much. We have done the medicals and got police clearances. Only to apply for visa.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

When I applied for my 3 yo, she was on visitor visa based on my work visa because she’s under school age which is 5 yo. I’m not sure about your younger child. Thanks

Thank you.
    I could apply for a visitor visa. I believe that it would be valid for the duration of my work visa.
    I see that I would have to show source of funds if I apply for the student visa (for the younger one)

Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Thank you.
    I could apply for a visitor visa. I believe that it would be valid for the duration of my work visa.
    I see that I would have to show source of funds if I apply for the student visa (for the younger one)
    Normally as you all would be eligible for 30 month visas, INZ would issue a student visa to a 4 year old to enable them to start school as soon as they turn 5 without having to apply again.Worst case scenario is that they do only issue a visitor visa initially, but for the moment a student visa application is appropriate. Any funds requirement would be met by your salary?
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 15th January 2018 at 09:15 AM.

Thank you for the clarification.
    I will apply for a student visa.

I am in the process completing dependent student visa application for my kids. I am confused about sponsorship form for temporary entry (INZ 1025). Do I have to complete the form along with the application or Is my talent visa (accredited employer) sufficient to be a sponsor.

Thanks

From the Process tab, here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t-visa#process

Apply for a Student Visa

You must complete a ‘Student Visa Application’ form and send it to us with the application fee, immigration levy, and supporting documents.
    Downloads

Student Visa Guide (INZ 1013) PDF 287KB
    Student Visa Application (INZ 1012) PDF 311KB
    Financial Undertaking for a Student (INZ 1014) PDF 257KB
    Health Requirements for entry to New Zealand (INZ 1121) PDF 265KB
    Sponsorship Form for Temporary Entry (INZ 1025) PDF 283KB

Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast