Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting Time for SMC???

Default Waiting Time for SMC???

Has anyone on this platform got any update from INZ?
    It has been three months since submission of my documents......
    I tried and called call center and they told me the case is still in process. That is all I got.
    Regarding the suggestion from this platform, I did not call/email my co and just wait.
    But I am getting sick of waiting...... Just wondering how long should I wait for??? Any idea?
    My timeline is available as per description from my signature.

The reason why I want the application to be finalized is that my employer has another job position for me.
    The job is with another company owned by same person, however different city.
    In order to accept that, I need to change the condition of my current visa, which could be annoying.
    Also, I am worried that if I change the job but failed to change the visa condition, I could be deported.
    Will my current SMC visa application get affected due to changing of job?
    What should I do???
    How long should I wait for???

Heaps of thanks to anyone who can help......

Hi Faith,

My Timeline is almost same as yours. Still waiting....

nothing we can do but waiting

You can change your job while waiting for your residence application to be processed without causing any problems as long as it is another skilled job with the same skill as the one you first submitted - INZ will check the new job out to make sure it meets the conditions as well.

If your application claimed points for working outside Auckland, the new job would also need to be outside Auckland, otherwise you would lose those points. (Of course, that would not matter if you don't need those points to get over the 160 threshold.)

Of course you must not change your job and not vary your conditions. Your employer and you as well would be breaking NZ immigration and employment law to do it. Don't even think about it. It is not at all necessary.

Nobody likes waiting - everyone feels the same as you do. The answer is always the same, though - you can't tell how long processing will take, and INZ will DEFINITELY get in touch if they have something to tell you, or if they need more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Faith View Post
    Has anyone on this platform got any update from INZ?
    It has been three months since submission of my documents......
    I tried and called call center and they told me the case is still in process. That is all I got.
    Regarding the suggestion from this platform, I did not call/email my co and just wait.
    But I am getting sick of waiting...... Just wondering how long should I wait for??? Any idea?
    My timeline is available as per description from my signature.

The reason why I want the application to be finalized is that my employer has another job position for me.
    The job is with another company owned by same person, however different city.
    In order to accept that, I need to change the condition of my current visa, which could be annoying.
    Also, I am worried that if I change the job but failed to change the visa condition, I could be deported.
    Will my current SMC visa application get affected due to changing of job?
    What should I do???
    How long should I wait for???

Heaps of thanks to anyone who can help......
    Expect that your SMC application might take 9-12 months. You can vary your current visa and update your skilled employment offer, as outlined by JanM

Good luck to both of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Anugupta View Post
    Hi Faith,

My Timeline is almost same as yours. Still waiting....
    Good luck to both of us!

Quote Originally Posted by ericlong View Post
    nothing we can do but waiting
    You are right.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Expect that your SMC application might take 9-12 months. You can vary your current visa and update your skilled employment offer, as outlined by JanM
    Thank you ChrisMwn

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You can change your job while waiting for your residence application to be processed without causing any problems as long as it is another skilled job with the same skill as the one you first submitted - INZ will check the new job out to make sure it meets the conditions as well.

If your application claimed points for working outside Auckland, the new job would also need to be outside Auckland, otherwise you would lose those points. (Of course, that would not matter if you don't need those points to get over the 160 threshold.)

Of course you must not change your job and not vary your conditions. Your employer and you as well would be breaking NZ immigration and employment law to do it. Don't even think about it. It is not at all necessary.

Nobody likes waiting - everyone feels the same as you do. The answer is always the same, though - you can't tell how long processing will take, and INZ will DEFINITELY get in touch if they have something to tell you, or if they need more information.
    Thank you JandM for your kind suggestion! That is quite helpful.

Should I change conditions of my current visa first or tell my co first to get the advice? You reckon?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast