Thread: News article - partnership evidence

Default News article - partnership evidence

"Couple in fight with Immigration to prove their love is true" http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11975969

They're complaining that they have provided plenty of evidence but still been rejected - I think this highlights the importance of providing evidence covering the whole time of the relationship:

Immigration New Zealand operations manager Tim Shepherd said the issue the agency had was in relation to the duration of time that the couple had been living together.
    "Although Zachary stated that he had been living with his partner for six months, the majority of the evidence that was supplied centred around the period of when they first moved in together at the beginning of the relationship, rather than showing consistency throughout the six months," Shepherd said.

yes I wonder why the newspaper took up the article, they need the right advise, not publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by traybon View Post
    yes I wonder why the newspaper took up the article, they need the right advise, not publicity.
    There's been a spate of people going to the media if they don't get the decision they want from INZ. They hope that this will put pressure on INZ to reverse their decision (it doesn't tend to work!).