Thread: Withdrawing residence application for dependents

Default Withdrawing residence application for dependents

Hi,

My application for residency thru partnership is in process. I have two dependent children with that application. My question is - can I withdraw the dependents application and just proceed with mine as the principal applicant? Has there been any changes with the inz rules as far as partnership visa’s are concerned?

If anyone can post the link from inz about this, I’ll greatly appreciate it.

Thank you...

can I withdraw the dependents application and just proceed with mine as the principal applicant?
    Yes. All you have to do is write in and say so.
    Has there been any changes with the inz rules as far as partnership visa’s are concerned?
    Since when?

Thanks jandm for the response. I wanted to ask if there were changes in the last year because when I asked inz in December 2017 they said I can’t withdraw the kids application because of a change recently so I was a bit confused.

The new instruction effective May 2017 does not allow the withdrawal of dependents
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/64732.htm

Larrykiwi, thank you for that information. It had not arisen on the forum before.

livfree1999, sorry to have misinformed you. I was going by what other people had previously written that they had done.