Thread: Visitor Visa Extension

Default Visitor Visa Extension

Hi all,

This forum has been very helpful and i like to thanks JandM and Chris for always helping.

I yet have another question:

My partner came NZ for Working Holiday in Dec 2015
    Converted to Essential Work Visa in Dec 2016
    Gave up her job and converted to Visitor visa in Nov 2017 in order to 'live together' with me while waiting for our resident visa (Pending still). I am the main applicant.

However, her visitor visa is expiring this 11 Apr 2018. She needs an extension.

From INZ: You can apply for another 3 months’ stay and extend your stay to 12 months in a 24-month period, if: you’ve applied for residence for the first time.

Does that 24 months period include during her time as Working holiday/work visa status in the past or visitor visa status?

Ultimately can she apply for an extension?

I don't know. ChrisMwn?

Otherwise, you could ask INZ.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyanyan881 View Post
    Hi all,

This forum has been very helpful and i like to thanks JandM and Chris for always helping.

I yet have another question:

My partner came NZ for Working Holiday in Dec 2015
    Converted to Essential Work Visa in Dec 2016
    Gave up her job and converted to Visitor visa in Nov 2017 in order to 'live together' with me while waiting for our resident visa (Pending still). I am the main applicant.

However, her visitor visa is expiring this 11 Apr 2018. She needs an extension.

From INZ: You can apply for another 3 months’ stay and extend your stay to 12 months in a 24-month period, if: you’ve applied for residence for the first time.

Does that 24 months period include during her time as Working holiday/work visa status in the past or visitor visa status?

Ultimately can she apply for an extension?
    '
    You're looking at rules regarding "genuine tourists."

I see no reason why you would not be granted a visa under partnership rules if you were to apply?

Hi Christ and JandM, she cant be granted a visa under partnership rules because my essential skill work visa is lower-skill.
    INZ says "If your skill band is lower-skilled, you cannot support visas for your family members."