Thread: New Zealand Partner Work visa, Proof questions

Default New Zealand Partner Work visa, Proof questions

Hello, reading the New Zealand partner work visa guide we have all the personal evidence such as:

• pictures - sorted by date
    • financial support - receipt from western union
    • Letters - from family and friends with date and signature
    • Hotel accommodations
    • Conversations
    • Relationship history - from her and from me
    • Future plans - A letter with our signature together
    • Her employment certificate

How long will the evidence be valid? for example we have a letter where our friend wrote it on 2016, obviously I failed to lodge my partner's application due to finance problem.

There is one thing that I missed, the living together part. There's no way we can meet that requirements with just visitor's visa. I don't know what to do here.
    I am going to apply for New Zealand partnership work visa. I am the sponsor. Is this proof enough? Thanks.
    Last edited by skadsuh; 19th January 2018 at 10:18 PM.

The situation about getting a visa for your girlfriend is no different from when I wrote about it before, here. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...ht=#post540809 For INZ, partnership IS living together. They are a government department that has to deal in solid evidence. Any applicant can say or write about their emotional commitment to a partnership, but it can't be proved - it would be like marking a literary competition. So they will only take notice of what can be PROVED - that a couple are determined enough to be a couple that they have moved in and are sharing a home.

All that other evidence you mention is fine, but ONLY as back-up for proof that you have moved in together and have been living together for at least two to three months. See old threads https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour....0.QC9Y2v9nbrU for discussion and examples.

I see you mention a visitor's visa. If your girlfriend arrives in NZ as a visitor, you can start to gather this sort of evidence as soon as she arrives, then lodge an application for a partner-sponsored work visa just before her visitor's visa expires. Once that application is lodged, INZ can issue her with an interim visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a/interim-visa to keep her legal while the application is processed - and of course, all the time, you would keep collecting more evidence, which INZ will ask for just before any visa is issued.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    but ONLY as back-up for proof that you have moved in together and have been living together for at least two to three months
    Hello JandM,

Thanks for the reply.

Didn't know about this two to three months living together. Never mentioned on the visa guide(atleast on work visa). Could you tell me what guidewas this mentioned on? I want to know more details about this.

I've been reading some articles lately. Read about the labour immigration cut. How much of these would be affected by that cut? For visitors visa? This worries me a bit.
    Last edited by skadsuh; 20th January 2018 at 09:28 AM.

See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...lders#criteria Hit SHOW ALL EVIDENCE.

Then you will find a section "Your relationship with your partner - You and your partner must be living together in a genuine and stable relationship" and at the right side "To be eligible for this visa, you have to be living together when you apply." In the centre, there is more about the kind of evidence INZ require to see.

This government's tightening of requirements for WORK visas - visas based on people's qualifications and having a skilled job offer - have nothing to do with visitors' visas.

There is no mention there of exactly how long living together INZ need to have proved, but we know from experience of seeing people's applications go through over many years that INZ take a relationship seriously when there is 2 - 3 months'-worth of GOOD evidence that the couple are living together and sharing a home and life.

So I have decided to apply for visitors visa base on partnership. I don't want to be negative or anything but if we are declined, how long before we can re submit?

So I have decided to apply for visitors visa base on partnership.
    The requirements about living together are exactly the same for a partner-sponsored visitor's visa as for a partner-sponsored work visa.

There is no time limit on reapplying, but there is no point in doing it again if the situation has not changed from that when you were refused.