Thread: Quick Question about Docs

Default Quick Question about Docs

Is it usual for INZ to keep hold of documents for over 2 months?
    I applied for my Visa 2 months ago and it’s all lodged on the 8th Dec but they haven’t sent my documents back yet, does this mean they are still going through the backlog of applications and just haven’t got round to scanning/checking mine yet? Just curious

It's not out of the ordinary, no. Nobody can say exactly what is happening inside INZ, but with the Christmas/New Year shut down just passed, and the summer holiday period skeleton staffing still going, it's quite likely that things are going slowly.

Thanks JandM!
    Also I haven’t received an email with my client number or anything yet is this another indication that it’s just waiting in a queue?
    I don’t mind waiting for however long it takes I just like to have some form of communication but I know they are under a heavy workload
    Last edited by OliverJames; 23rd January 2018 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by OliverJames View Post
    Is it usual for INZ to keep hold of documents for over 2 months?
    I applied for my Visa 2 months ago and it’s all lodged on the 8th Dec but they haven’t sent my documents back yet, does this mean they are still going through the backlog of applications and just haven’t got round to scanning/checking mine yet? Just curious
    '
    Its 23 January today. That's a little over 6 1/2 weeks from 8 December , with INZ closed for 1 1/2 weeks of that. How do you get "over two months"?

The system does not give applicants any kind of communication until INZ have something to tell, or need further information. Long periods of time will pass when you hear nothing, and this is entirely normal.