Thread: Partnership evidence -Resident visa application

Default Partnership evidence -Resident visa application

Hi
    I've applied for residency and have included my wife and kid along with my application. CO is asking for further evidence on partnership, i really dont have it except which I've already sent it.

A bit of history about my partnership

I've been married since 2014 and then came to NZ in July 2014. We had our baby in Jan 2015 and my wife came to visit me in NZ in the same year, stayed for 6 months and went back to my home country. She came again in September 2017 and staying with me since then. Every time she visited me, her visa was approved through partnership basis. We do have joint bank account which I've supplied along with residence application and nonetheless marriage certificate which have photos of both of us. Birth certificate for my baby also shows names of both of us. I've also supplied call details as well from the past 4 years.

However the current rental agreement does not include my wife and not even the utility bills too. I dont have anything else to send it back to CO.

As of today i've added my wife in the insurance and for the utility bills too and it will take a while to reflect, CO has asked the info to be provided by end of this week.

Any info to tackle this would be much appreciated.

See these old threads https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour....0.HcYc52tKwq8 with discussion and examples.

What you need here are records (e.g. phone, email and Skype or similar) or letters showing how you kept regularly in touch and maintained your relationship while absent from one another, and also financial details of how you supported her and the child, or you both contributed to the partnership by buying items and/or services for the use of you both. You can point out those items on the records you have already sent, showing the significance. You may be able to get letters from family members or friends, stating that they have had news of the other partner from your frequent contacts. See Time spent living apart, here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ly/partnership

If you can't gather everything by the time the CO has set, reply within the deadline telling him/her what you are doing to get the information required, then normally INZ will allow the necessary extra time (within reason).

Thanks JandM,
    I've provided most of the evidence except for the ones CO is asking about such as
    Joint tenancy agreements
    Joint ownership of a residential property
    Joint mortgage/loan documents
    Joint insurance policies
    Joint assets/liabilities

Is it possible to get an immigration advice on this here?

You can't provide what doesn't exist.

However, I think you can go some way towards what the CO is looking for. For where you live, you can supply letters of testimony from e.g. your landlord, or neighbour, or someone of standing in the community, to say that you are both living there. Joint assets - haven't you bought any large item (fridge/bed/washing machine?) together for your home? or bought a car? Such an item may be in the name of one of you, but demonstrably be used by both.

Any thoughts, anyone else?

Hi JandM,

I've provided the evidence and CO has asked for more evidence from my home country, which i would be sending through. We have spent more than 12 months together but not in one year. However i was just wondering, if the CO is still not convinced, will my application for residence be rejected as well? I recall someone told me if i have included my wife/kid and cant provide the evidence, they can reject the primary applicant application as well. Is that a rule somewhere in the OPS manual?

Is that a rule somewhere in the OPS manual?
    There is this https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/64732.htm, which was added in the most recent update.

Hello JandM,
    I'm aware of that and which is why i had to include my wife and kid with the application. i am referring to this https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46504.htm, (R2.1.15.1 & R2.1.15.5). In my case, although i have lived together for more than 12 months but i cant provide the evidence and if CO is not satisfied, will they be able to proceed with the primary applicant and deferring the partner application or decline the whole application?
    Last edited by sunny_singh305; 27th January 2018 at 12:33 PM. Reason: TYPO

I don't know. It USED to be possible, and certainly sometimes a CO offered the option to have the whole case fail, or remove the family member(s) who was the problem, but since that piece I linked to was added in the most recent version of the instructions, I haven't seen any such case.