Thread: Resident to permanent resident visa.

Default Resident to permanent resident visa.

Hi Folks. Hope you all good.

My trvl conditions are expiring on 19th march 2018. I got my resident visa while i was in christchurch back in 2016 march. It has no conditions like 49(a) etc. I moved to auckland oct 2017 as of new job. My current employer asked me to apply for a bussiness visitor visa for australia as he said you might need to go aussie for bit of traning or meetings. Got 2 years of asutralian bussiness visitor visa in jan 2018. It was fully supported by my employer.

So my question is, will it cause any problems when i will apply for my permanent residency in march. I have been out of new zealand for three time for holiday. It was 40 days trip each time.Not traveled to assuie yet.

Thanks

The Australian visa you've been granted doesn't have any bearing at all on your NZ residence to PR process. Don't worry. As a NZ resident, you have the perfect right to go to other countries if you want/need to.

Quote Originally Posted by smcvisa93 View Post
    Hi Folks. Hope you all good.

My trvl conditions are expiring on 19th march 2018. I got my resident visa while i was in christchurch back in 2016 march. It has no conditions like 49(a) etc. I moved to auckland oct 2017 as of new job. My current employer asked me to apply for a bussiness visitor visa for australia as he said you might need to go aussie for bit of traning or meetings. Got 2 years of asutralian bussiness visitor visa in jan 2018. It was fully supported by my employer.

So my question is, will it cause any problems when i will apply for my permanent residency in march. I have been out of new zealand for three time for holiday. It was 40 days trip each time.Not traveled to assuie yet.

Thanks
    As long as you are in New Zealand by 19th March 2018 and you have been in NZ for atleast 184 days in last 2 years before you apply for PR, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by waliajas View Post
    As long as you are in New Zealand by 19th March 2018 and you have been in NZ for atleast 184 days in last 2 years before you apply for PR, you should be fine.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident

Please ALWAYS quote the source when mentioning INZ regulations, because otherwise this can count as YOU giving immigration advice, which is against NZ law. See ENZ posts here. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51538 and https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24859