Thread: Work visa types

Default Work visa types

I think I would qualify for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa or Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa, assuming I can gain a job offer.

Obviously they are slightly different, but are there any benefits of choosing one over the other (all other things being equal), or would it depend on the Employer (Accredited Employer would go for the former and non-Accredited would go for the latter).

Thanks, Owen.

I think you have summed it up, that it depends on the status of the employer.

Quote Originally Posted by osmyth View Post
    I think I would qualify for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa or Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa, assuming I can gain a job offer.

Obviously they are slightly different, but are there any benefits of choosing one over the other (all other things being equal), or would it depend on the Employer (Accredited Employer would go for the former and non-Accredited would go for the latter).

Thanks, Owen.
    Obviously to get a talent (Accredited Employer ) Visa, the employer must be accredited.
    Be aware of the very strict qualification/experience criterea applied to LTSSL.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Obviously to get a talent (Accredited Employer ) Visa, the employer must be accredited.
    Be aware of the very strict qualification/experience criterea applied to LTSSL.
    I would like to know how about LTSSL work visa VS Essential Skills Work Visa too?

I am applying SMC resident visa and in the final stage, which claimed LTSSL points. In this case, I have already go through LTSSL strict qualification/experience criterea in SMC (IQA&experience submitted in ITA, LTSSL points recongized), so applying LTSSL work visa should not be a problem right?

In my case, if I got a job offer before my SMC final decision come out, which work visa should I apply for? Which one is easiler to apply and faster to be grant? What pros and cons?

Thank you for any advice!

Quote Originally Posted by kne View Post
    I would like to know how about LTSSL work visa VS Essential Skills Work Visa too?

I am applying SMC resident visa and in the final stage, which claimed LTSSL points. In this case, I have already go through LTSSL strict qualification/experience criterea in SMC (IQA&experience submitted in ITA, LTSSL points recongized), so applying LTSSL work visa should not be a problem right?

In my case, if I got a job offer before my SMC final decision come out, which work visa should I apply for? Which one is easiler to apply and faster to be grant? What pros and cons?

Thank you for any advice!
    Anyone could give me some suggestions about LTSSL work visa VS Essential Skills Work Visa?

The LTSSL work visa is a Work To Residence visa, which, if you keep to the conditions and meet the requirements, will entitle you to go on to Residence after two years. The Essential Skills work visa is JUST a work visa, for a set period of time. Many people who have a job offer which would entitle them to residence under SMC apply for the Essential Skills work visa as well, because that can normally be processed more quickly, so they get to start working sooner, and the application under SMC ticks away, taking the time it takes, in the background. In your situation, since you've applied for residence under SMC already, there is probably not any advantage to you in applying for any sort of Work To Residence visa. But you COULD hold one while your SMC application is running.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The LTSSL work visa is a Work To Residence visa, which, if you keep to the conditions and meet the requirements, will entitle you to go on to Residence after two years. The Essential Skills work visa is JUST a work visa, for a set period of time. Many people who have a job offer which would entitle them to residence under SMC apply for the Essential Skills work visa as well, because that can normally be processed more quickly, so they get to start working sooner, and the application under SMC ticks away, taking the time it takes, in the background. In your situation, since you've applied for residence under SMC already, there is probably not any advantage to you in applying for any sort of Work To Residence visa. But you COULD hold one while your SMC application is running.
    Thank you for your useful information!