Thread: No news means good news?

Default No news means good news?

Hi everyone

My friend applied online for Work Visa essential skills offshore (ANZSCO Skill Level 4) from Vietnam since 15/12.

There has been only one communication from INZ officer when he called her current employer in Vietnam to verify her relevant skills and experience on 27/12.

32 workings has passed. INZ helpdesk advised today "Your application is in process at our Ho Chi Minh branch with Immigration Officer XXXXX . No final decision has been made on your application. If further information is required for your application your Immigration officer will be in contact with you"

Am I being too optimistic to assume no news means good news or it's quite normal for offshore work visa application at this time of the year?

Anyone else in the same boat?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by wepower View Post
    Hi everyone

My friend applied online for Work Visa essential skills offshore (ANZSCO Skill Level 4) from Vietnam since 15/12.

There has been only one communication from INZ officer when he called her current employer in Vietnam to verify her relevant skills and experience on 27/12.

32 workings has passed. INZ helpdesk advised today "Your application is in process at our Ho Chi Minh branch with Immigration Officer XXXXX . No final decision has been made on your application. If further information is required for your application your Immigration officer will be in contact with you"

Am I being too optimistic to assume no news means good news or it's quite normal for offshore work visa application at this time of the year?

Anyone else in the same boat?

Cheers
    yes its quite normal to receive little or no communication from a case officer if nothing further is required.

Thanks Chris.

We are guessing INZ officer is doing their due diligence on the Employer in NZ to make sure they have complied with employment and immigration law; since my friend applied directly without her NZ employer obtained AIP. Her employer in NZ hasnt received any communication from INZ neither.

If it is the case, I wonder what would the timeframe usually be for INZ doing the due diligence on Employer in NZ? I guess they will need to get the info from IRD, ACC, checking list of non-compliant employers etc...

There is no "normal" time-frame. Every case is different, and each is treated individually, every piece of evidence being checked out as necessary. Also, the CO is never working just the one case, but has an allocation of around 100 cases, worked in rotation. It is not possible to do what you would like to do - work out when your friend may get an answer.